Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October scary game time

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Completed evil within 2 a few days ago, some really scary moments in it. Playing little nightmares now.
    Cant choose which game to start next from the following list

Resi 4 ps4
    White day ps4
    Resi revelations 2 ps4
    Project zero maiden of blackwater wii u
    Zombi u wii u

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm going to assume you've played Resi 4 before - if you've not, go for that, otherwise I really enjoyed Revelations 2. A bit slow starting but it gets really good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only managed to reach Chapter 7 on Siren. Probably be after Halloween that I beat it.

I'm liking it but it's not as subtle in its storytelling like the original. Some very good levels missing and the cutscenes are a little more OTT than the original, especially in the 'angels' scenario which was genuinely gut wrenching in the original and now laughable since they added a jump scare.

Still I'm enjoying that it's playable without a faq now and there's been some interesting scenarios as you get further.

• Condemend Criminal Origins is back compat on Xbox one X / Xbox one

Great with a pair of headphones and the lights off!

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you've played Resi 4 before - if you've not, go for that, otherwise I really enjoyed Revelations 2. A bit slow starting but it gets really good.

Yes played esi 4 on ps2. Might go for revelations 2 so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Talking of scary games, I've finally (!) rung the 2nd bell in Dark Souls.
    Blight Town wasn't anywhere as bad as people told me.

Alien isolation is one of the scariest and most intense games ever. Resi 7 in vr is out of this world. Im surprised no one has mentioned dying light though. A great game and very scary when night rolls in in the game, like walking around parts of our capital at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

See there is a Halloween Steam sale on. Should I go for The Evil Within, Res 7 Biohazard or SOMA ? I've been through whats on offer and those are the ones that stand out as ones I might like.I'm leaning towards Res 7 (Non-VR).

I like the look of TEW but hear its a bit clunky. SOMA sounds more intriguing but maybe more like an interactive story. Have played a small bit of RES 7 free demo and enjoyed it.

In terms of horror games I loved Silent Hill way back when. Started Amnesia a while back but am failing to see the attraction. Have Unforgiving: A Northern Hymn downloaded as it looks a bit different and interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Evil within is a dud. Go with soma or Resi 7. Personally prefer Soma.

• Nah, Evil Within is awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

da gamer wrote: »
    Alien isolation is one of the scariest and most intense games ever. .

it's less than 10e on steam atm, so tempted to purchase it but the play time seems exhausting with those stress levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

da gamer wrote: »
    Yes played esi 4 on ps2. Might go for revelations 2 so

playing this at the moment and so far it is a good addition to the RE franchise
    I wouldn't have minded if they released more RE games at this quality but they went with a first person version for RE 7 which is excellent as well.
    But I have the remake of RE2 to look forward to now in the classic RE style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Only managed to reach Chapter 7 on Siren. Probably be after Halloween that I beat it.

I'm liking it but it's not as subtle in its storytelling like the original. Some very good levels missing and the cutscenes are a little more OTT than the original, especially in the 'angels' scenario which was genuinely gut wrenching in the original and now laughable since they added a jump scare.

Still I'm enjoying that it's playable without a faq now and there's been some interesting scenarios as you get further.

Is this Siren Blood Curse? I don't remember anything about angels in it. It has one of the most wtf endings in a game that I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Is this Siren Blood Curse? I don't remember anything about angels in it. It has one of the most wtf endings in a game that I've ever seen.
    It's the part
    when the child is a shibito and can't be hurt, she thinks the lights are angels, first time the giant termite brain shows up
    Ending was way better than expected, the last boss is like how I felt fighting Giygas, very disorientating.

It's in the original. The little girl starts seeing angels. The scene is replicated in blood curse but she says how pretty instead of saying she sees angels.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Evil within is a dud. Go with soma or Resi 7. Personally prefer Soma.

Stop.

Sight808 wrote: »
    it's less than 10e on steam atm, so tempted to purchase it but the play time seems exhausting with those stress levels.

It can be quite tense but really you do not feel the time going by its such an engrossing game. Can be completed in under 20 hours.

Advertisement