Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do i block updates/update notifications

• 28-09-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

So basically windows keeps restarting my computer without my consent.

Just lost 5 hours work because it needed to restart to update. I never downloaded the update nor did i wish to update.

How can i block windows from updating/downloading update and notifrying me of updates.

It seems to only happen when i've loaded up a game, loaded up word/excel...

Fit to kill someone as a result of this latest update:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

set NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers = 1 in registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

if you do no know how to use 'regedit' see details instructions here

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/disable-forced-restarts-windows-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JamesAlison

Same issue I'm facing because of latest Windows patch. I'm getting irritated because of Windows 10. According to me, Windows 7 is better than Windows 10. Automatically system gets restarted and windows update for 3-4 hours. Because of this issue, my work suffers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

my posted solution will fix this problem.

Advertisement