Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery to Ireland

Options
  • 28-09-2018 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've set my heart on purchasing a Suzuki Inazuma. Few to none used in Ireland or northern Ireland but there's plenty in mainland UK. Does anyone have any contacts for people who deliver from mainland UK to either northern Ireland or ireland?

Anyone have any experience of doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Teds Trucking. Great service sound lads. Shipped mine over from Wales. Happy with the service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Are you thinking of getting one shipped over without having ridden that specific one? I'm considering the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

gooch2k9 wrote:
    Are you thinking of getting one shipped over without having ridden that specific one? I'm considering the same thing.

I've ridden a friend's and I'm satisfied with the model itself. I'm willing to buy blind for a reasonable price, a newish year, low miles, service history and warranty I'd be willing to risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I was looking to do the same but I bawked at the quote of over £450. Paid the dealer an extra £70 and they'd deliver it to Hollyhead where I'll be waiting.

If you're buying from a dealer maybe you can consider something similar? You'll save a right bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

listermint wrote: »
    Teds Trucking. Great service sound lads. Shipped mine over from Wales. Happy with the service

Same here. Great service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

I was looking to do the same but I bawked at the quote of over £450. Paid the dealer an extra £70 and they'd deliver it to Hollyhead where I'll be waiting.

If you're buying from a dealer maybe you can consider something similar? You'll save a right bit.

Jeez 450 seems steep. Think it was 250 a friend got it from mainland UK to northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did you ask the dealer for shipping rate.... Because there's your problem. Also you failed to include the cost of your trip to Holyhead and back with bike on that 70 quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Isn't this basically a warmed over GN250? Having had the pleasure of borrowing the latter for a couple of months, and even riding it Dublin to Limerick on back roads, it's a pile of sh!te :)

A Ninja 250, now that's a decent bike, not some 50 year old engine in a 40 year old chassis.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Jeez 450 seems steep. Think it was 250 a friend got it from mainland UK to northern Ireland

I was just quoted £240 today, Hull to NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    I was just quoted £240 today, Hull to NI.

Have you an address in NI or did the courier have a base there ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Have you an address in NI or did the courier have a base there ?

I'm based here in NI. I had requested quote to Cairnryan and I'd meet it there but they came back with that quote to here so was happy enough with it.

I've been trying to contact Teds for the last few days with no success. No responses to calls, email text or their FB page.
    Need a bike collected from near London in about a week so looking for options.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Mine is coming with a crowd called J&M, dealer must have an arrangement with them.

Mine is coming with a crowd called J&M, dealer must have an arrangement with them.

Could you get me their details ? - PM if you prefer

Ode To The Motorist

Could you get me their details ? - PM if you prefer

This is their website: http://www.collectmybike.co.uk/index.html

I just googled them after I saw them on the invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

get a price of Coyles, he is hard to beat ive used him a few times.

https://www.facebook.com/2wheeldirect/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

get a price off Coyles, he is hard to beat ive used him a few times.

https://www.facebook.com/2wheeldirect/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

galwaytt wrote:
    I've been trying to contact Teds for the last few days with no success. No responses to calls, email text or their FB page. Need a bike collected from near London in about a week so looking for options.

Ted's seems to have gone off radar???

Zipppy wrote: »
    Ted's seems to have gone off radar???

Yeah, I gave up on Ted's in the end, & got mine collected from London and delivered to Dublin for £260 inc VAT 10 days ago: J & M Services +44 7951 541477 - ask for John.

They are in Dublin most weeks, sometimes twice a week - and deliver regularly to JP Motorcycles in Dublin. Quicker to answer calls than texts, and the bike was delivered unmarked as-promised. http://www.collectmybike.co.uk/

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement

Yeah, I gave up on Ted's in the end, & got mine collected from London and delivered to Dublin for £260 inc VAT 10 days ago: J & M Services +44 7951 541477 - ask for John.

They are in Dublin most weeks, sometimes twice a week - and deliver regularly to JP Motorcycles in Dublin. Quicker to answer calls than texts, and the bike was delivered unmarked as-promised. http://www.collectmybike.co.uk/

Yours wasn't the wee Honda 400 four? I got my Z900 the same day.

Yours wasn't the wee Honda 400 four? I got my Z900 the same day.

lolz, no, mine was the last out of the van- the Africa Twin :)

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

galwaytt wrote:
    They are in Dublin most weeks, sometimes twice a week - and deliver regularly to JP Motorcycles in Dublin. Quicker to answer calls than texts, and the bike was delivered unmarked as-promised.

galwaytt wrote:

Cheers...
    Did you go over and check bike first..and how did you do payment?

Zipppy wrote: »
    Cheers...
    Did you go over and check bike first..and how did you do payment?

Bike is new, everything done by bank transfer : didn't have to leave the desk.

If buying used, your safe enough buying from a reputable dealer. If buying private some of the couriers offer an inspection service - or find someone via an owners club to check it out for you.
    Owners club bikes tend to be well minded and come up on their own sites or FB pages too, so the bikes & owners are known.

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement