Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Claims letter not being accepted, illogically..

Options
  • 28-09-2018 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Team, I have a 2 years no claim letter from Poland that was submitted to Liberty Insurance but yesterday I got a letter by post telling that it is not acceptable because the policy is still active with another insurer...
    However, the no claim I submitted clearly states -in Polish as well as in English- the dates my previous policies were active, last one ended in 09.03.2018.
    I called the customer service wondering why, they told me "the letter doesn't state that the policies expired, please get a new one that states this"...
    The whole thing seems very irrational. The letter I submitted says policy number xxx active from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy...
    Frankly speaking the impression I'm getting is that Liberty Insurance is pushing me hard to pay the extra money..
    Is there any possibility I can get some reasonable help over here or I'm left with the only option to take it to FSPO?
    Thanks in advance.
    Karim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

What's FSPO?

In my opinion you won't win anyway with Irish insurance clan.

Get another letter from your polish insurer which clearly states that policy is no longer active.

The reason they are asking for it is that Irish insurer for some incomprehensible reason require NCB to be applied only to one policy at the time, so they are thinking that you still might have your polish policy active, and that would prevent a possibility of your NCB from there being used here.

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

KarimGaber wrote: »
    Hi Team, I have a 2 years no claim letter from Poland that was submitted to Liberty Insurance but yesterday I got a letter by post telling that it is not acceptable because the policy is still active with another insurer...
    However, the no claim I submitted clearly states -in Polish as well as in English- the dates my previous policies were active, last one ended in 09.03.2018.
    I called the customer service wondering why, they told me "the letter doesn't state that the policies expired, please get a new one that states this"...
    The whole thing seems very irrational. The letter I submitted says policy number xxx active from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy...
    Frankly speaking the impression I'm getting is that Liberty Insurance is pushing me hard to pay the extra money..
    Is there any possibility I can get some reasonable help over here or I'm left with the only option to take it to FSPO?
    Thanks in advance.
    Karim
    Hi KarimGaber,
    Could you PM us your policy number and we'll look into this for you. Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KarimGaber

Hi KarimGaber,
    Una

Hi Una, I had sent you a PM on the 28th of September and now I sent another one. Please let me know if you could assist. Thabks!

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Mary

Hi KarimGaber,
    Una is out of the office today.  Can I ask you to private message me your policy number and I will have a look into this for you.  Thanks Mary 

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

KarimGaber wrote: »
    Hi KarimGaber,
    Una

Hi Una, I had sent you a PM on the 28th of September and now I sent another one. Please let me know if you could assist. Thabks!
    Hi KarimGaber,
    Thank you for getting in touch, we have responded to your PM on 3.10.18 and hope the matter is now resolved.
    Thanks
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement