Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My phone number is tied to an eir account i dont own.

Options
  • 28-09-2018 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Simply put, for the past few months I have been receiving messages from eir about bills I dont own, have any relation to and shouldn't been receiving. I just want it to stop.

I have been into my local store, I have gone up to Dublin to see if I could get help there, I have contacted service reps via the online webchat multiple times and have had no results.

All i know is that someone, somewhere has used my phone number, be it intentional or by accident, for their account. This means that I get messages about their bills and I can't seem to get any results from anywhere to stop this issue. The wierd thing is that the automated eir service at 01 766 2596 says there is no account tied to the number.

Is there any thing I can do about this issue because I am sick of waking up on a morning or am in the middle of something important and get a message I shouldnt be from eir saying i have a bloody bill I dont have.

Edit 1: At the time of me making this post, I have contacted online customer webchat again. The results may turn out good this time as they have forwarded the issue to a concern team or some sort. Hopefully this issue is sorted and I wont receive another message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Simply put, for the past few months I have been receiving messages from eir about bills I dont own, have any relation to and shouldn't been receiving. I just want it to stop.

I have been into my local store, I have gone up to Dublin to see if I could get help there, I have contacted service reps via the online webchat multiple times and have had no results.

All i know is that someone, somewhere has used my phone number, be it intentional or by accident, for their account. This means that I get messages about their bills and I can't seem to get any results from anywhere to stop this issue. The wierd thing is that the automated eir service at 01 766 2596 says there is no account tied to the number.

Is there any thing I can do about this issue because I am sick of waking up on a morning or am in the middle of something important and get a message I shouldnt be from eir saying i have a bloody bill I dont have.

Edit 1: At the time of me making this post, I have contacted online customer webchat again. The results may turn out good this time as they have forwarded the issue to a concern team or some sort. Hopefully this issue is sorted and I wont receive another message.
    Hi Steven Anderton, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Can you confirm if you heard anything back from them confirming a resolution? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Steven Anderton

I can now confirm that I have heard nothing back from the so called concern team, I am still receiving these messages regarding bills i dont own and nothing has been resolved -_-.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

If you’re getting no response, I would suggest a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I can now confirm that I have heard nothing back from the so called concern team, I am still receiving these messages regarding bills i dont own and nothing has been resolved -_-.
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

Feel free to PM me the details and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement