Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Cabra Priory Estate a safe area?

Options
  • 28-09-2018 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, is the Priory Estate (East) in Ashington / Cabra a safe place to live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine the residents don't call it Cabra. :)

I've only been there once and it seemed fine.

The proposal for a train station and a bridge over the canal may see some movement.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I live nearby and it is a very quiet and safe and settled residential area. BTW it is not really in Cabra but more Navan Road area. Very safe environment in which to live and raise a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

I know the area well, and yes it is a very safe and pleasant area to live in. The second generation are growing up in the area now as it was mostly built in the early 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

very safe and quiet, no one in the area would call it cabra. main drawback is the long walk/ drive out as the developers refused to allow a walkway through to Finglas or Cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

AlanG wrote: »
    very safe and quiet, no one in the area would call it cabra. main drawback is the long walk/ drive out as the developers refused to allow a walkway through to Finglas or Cabra.

There's meant to be a new station and footbridge between Ashington Park and Ashtown. Itll make the Maynooth line accessible. It's been promised for twenty years but it's also out to tender at the moment. Due for completion in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 blacksunshine

Hi, thank you so much all you guys for confirming. I am considering moving to the area, so this is really helpful. Truly appreciate it :)

You are absolutely right about it not being called Cabra -- I only found this out recently. The place I am looking at is in Priory East, near Ashington Park. Is the area called Ashington or Ashtown?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭septictank

The "Estate" is called Ashington, the Priory being a stage in the overall development.
    Older locals would consider the area from the Gadra station on the Navan road onwards out of the City centre to be called "The Navan Road", this is for both sides of the main road which includes many estates.
    So your address would be.
    X Priory East,
    Ashington,
    Navan road,
    Dublin7
    Ashtown starts from the grove near The Breffni pub in Kinvara.

I guess it is in the cabra area, but like parts of Glasnevin are Finglas, better area names mean better house prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

JupiterKid wrote:
    I live nearby and it is a very quiet and safe and settled residential area. BTW it is not really in Cabra but more Navan Road area. Very safe environment in which to live and raise a family.

Second this. I grew up in the area, moved out some years ago but some of my colleagues live there. Definitely a good area, also Navan rd as opposed to Cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blacksunshine

That's great information. Thanks a lot again :)

Advertisement