Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric boiler for heating.

Options
  • 28-09-2018 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

Afternoon guys.

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask, but I'll try anyway! ;)

We currently have a Joule gas boiler for heating, and it combines with solar panels for hot water. I'd like to replace the gas boiler with an electric one, and get rid of our gas supply altogether.

Is it possible? Is there a grant available? Would you have a list of recommended suppliers in Cork?

Thanks in advance.

S.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Soarer, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

Electric Ireland offer boiler repair and replacements. See here for more information. If you have any questions in relation to this, we recommend calling our colleagues in the Home Services team on 1850 372 333 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm). They would be in a better position to advise you. 

Electric Ireland have an Energy Efficiency Scheme. With this scheme, customers will get credit on their bill for making their property more energy efficient, just by using our approved partners to carry out the work. This would be in addition to any grant that the customer gets from SEAI.

We hope this helps.

If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thanks, 
    Aoife

Advertisement