Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massage for stress/tension

• 28-09-2018 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Under a lot of stress at the moment and my back is sore. Shoulders are in absolute bits and I know it's all tension.
    Would like to get a massage done to try and loosen it up a bit and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Not sports massage or physio as no actual 'problem' or injury as such.

I have googled, but an awful lot of places look a bit, um, suspicious shall we say ..... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Aisling in samana in ballycummin. Couldn’t recommend her highly enough. She is very popular and gets booked out fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

maryk123 wrote: »
    Aisling in samana in ballycummin. Couldn’t recommend her highly enough. She is very popular and gets booked out fast

Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I had stress related back and shoulder pain and I went for acupuncture and found it fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I had stress related back and shoulder pain and I went for acupuncture and found it fantastic.

Can I ask where you went? Feel free to pm if you don't want to say here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Can I ask where you went? Feel free to pm if you don't want to say here.

I was living in a different area of the country at the time so it wouldn't be relevant I'm afraid but I found the experience fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Don't rule out a good physio recommendation if you get one, by far and away the best relief from stress & tension I got was a massage from a physio not a massage therapist. It was very sore receiving it, I was absolutely aching afterwards, thought he had wrecked me, woke next morning without a pain or ache & was great for six months, no point recommending myself as it was years ago in Dingle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Would really recommend Diager (male masseuse) in Sawasdee Spa. Been going to him regularly every month for the last 6 months. I hold a lot of tension in my shoulders and do a lot of typing due to thesis/masters commitments. Also,gets huge amounts of shoulder pain from swimming and other sports. He has kept me injury free and greatly reduced tension for me. Highly recommend. He gives a discount for members of the Strand gym so is €55 for 90 minute massage. Don't know what normal prices are.

Advertisement