Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secretarial Courses

Options
  • 28-09-2018 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm a qualified teacher with 20+ years experience in another country. Seeing that it's virtually impossible for me to get a decent TEFL job and my degree isn't recognised for any related field either (e. g. early years education), I've become aware I have to retrain in something.

Since I have a secondary school qualification in legal administration, I thought of doing a brush-up course that would update my skills and get me an Irish qualification.

My question is, would I profit from a simple certificate awarding secretarial course since I can already touch type (cca 50 wpm), am familiar with business correspondence, have a decent knowledge of legal terminology and am computer literate (basic 7 module ECDL)? Should I go for a diploma instead? In either case, what schools / colleges would you recommend?

Or forget about education and plunge into job market? Internship maybe?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement