Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman address for complain

Options
  • 29-09-2018 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Anyone know the Harvey Norman head office for complaint. I bought a brand new machine form them. It is making noise and shaking. Customer service did not refund for me, they blamed my kitchen floor is tile. So I want write a formal complaint letter to head office to ask refund.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

You don't just write off and get a refund because you think there's a problem.

They've given you the reason for the issue - if you think that is wrong, you need to show its wrong.

If its a washing machine, then very possibly its a floor issue - I have a thin sheet of plyboard under my machine because the tiles caused too much rattle from the machine especially on the spin cycle - in many cases the floor where dishwashers and washing machines is not tiled.

So maybe they are correct and the issue is your floor. And in that case, you cannot request a refund.

Are you sure you removed your transit bolts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kelly_hui

yes, I did remove them already. also Siemens men check them as well.

thanks for replying. why my previous washing machine has not problem which stand on the tile floor, also my parents's washing machine is fine to stand on the tile. You can't move this machine when you use hands to push it. It is very heavy. It is not only on spin, also during washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Adjust the legs - I’ve always had to adjust one or two of the legs on my machine
    https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?modelcode=WF42H5000AW/A2&idx=419467

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Have you tried adjusting the levelling feet on the bottom of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Siemens branded machines are Bosch. They all have adjustable feet. Unless you paid for an installation service there is no responsibility for the retailer to adjust the feet for you.

Unless the machine is still noisy when fully levelled I don't see there being anything here?

yes, two siemens engineers both came to my house, and took an hour to adjustable the two feet already, it does work for this machine, it still making noise and shaking. Now I tried to put a floor underlay under the machine, it likes kind of pad. I thought it can prevent machine shaking. unfortunately, nothing change. so it is my nightmare, I don't know what wrong with this machine at all. I have to ask refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

What did the two seimens engineers say was the issue? Did they say it was the floor, or did they say there was a problem with the machine?

Two Seimens engineers found it does not working after adjustable feet, then they said:" my floor has problem." They didn't do anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

kelly_hui wrote: »
    Two Seimens engineers found it does not working after adjustable feet, then they said:" my floor has problem." They didn't do anything else.

The engineers say the floor is the problem, so unlikely Harvey Norman are obliged to refund.

I got email from Harvey Norman today, they told me that two engineers all thought my floor is not balanced.They will send the third engineer to come to check machine. I have to pay if the third people has same result. I don't really believe the third people. Because two previously people both too an hour to adjust feet already, all does work on this machine. They all didn't solve the problem. If like they said, it should stop shaking and noise after two engineer adjust feet. So anyone can tell me how to do. Does anybody tell what can I do. If I agree with them to let the third people to check, I need pay myself.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Kelly

you are in effect getting a 3rd opinion.

you have already got 2 opinions, and both were the same.

If i were you i wouldn't ask for a 3rd opinion. Its going to have the same result. they are telling you the washing machine is not the problem & its not a manufacturing fault.

instead you might be able to move the washing machine location, even if only to show if it operates normally in a different room?

Thanks for your advise, I can't move this washing machine in a different room at all. Because this machine need water supply to start running. so I can't start it without water, I think so. I refused their third time repair anyway, I just ask refund. I think that I gave them two choice to do it. but they didn't solve the problem. I should have right to ask refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

I had this problem with my washing machine, bought some rubber feet to fix this. put the "cup" side upwards and have feet of washing machine slot into them, then adjust height and should solve the issue for you.

may I ask you where did you buy rubber feet in Dublin? I did go few shops to look for this kind of things, but I could not find it. thanks. Is machine making noise and shaking on washing process, this machine is fine, only during slowly spin. Thanks for your help.

use wish/geek/amazon and order them online, amazon will be the quickest to deliver.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Dia-Self-Adhesive-Rubber-Cases/dp/B00032Q30Q/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1538504198&sr=8-21&keywords=rubber+feet

StarTech.com 1-1/4in Dia. Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet for PC Cases - 4 Pack - put this into amazon search bar

Something like this is what you want, could be delivered within a week from amazon just find right size for your washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You don't have the right to a refund here. The item isn't the problem. Your location is. That's your fault.

Thread closed.

You don't seem to be grasping it's not their fault your floor is wrong. They can't resell the item, you're stuck with it.

excuse me, I like this washing machine, I won't ask refund if it is working without problem.
    what is the function of the four feet of machine? they should be adjusted to make machine balanced. why my friends' machine and my old two machines all stand on the tile floor in the kitchen, it has no problem. why the two Siemens engineers couldn't make balance by adjust the feet? the feet is made of rubber as well, it should can prevent slip floor. they told me my floor is not on balanced. Is everyone's kitchen on perfect same level? How many people put their washing machine in their kitchen and stand on the tile floor?

are you working for Harvey Norman at moment, sounds like not nice.

• Advertisement

The problem with the feet that come on the washing machine is they more a hard plastic than a rubber compound, you need a softer rubber compound to absorb the vibrations which causing the issues you are having. That is why i got the softer rubber for my machine.

Pay no attention to those that are being unhelpful, its a waste of energy :)

I wouldn't say I was being unhelpful. I don't work for Harvey Norman. I'm simply stating that there is no recourse for a refund.
    .it may be a case of the bottom of the washing machine is sitting on the edge of a tile and cannot be moved in its current placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The problem with the feet that come on the washing machine is they more a hard plastic than a rubber compound, you need a softer rubber compound to absorb the vibrations which causing the issues you are having. That is why i got the softer rubber for my machine.

Pay no attention to those that are being unhelpful, its a waste of energy :)

The OP raised a Consumer Issue regarding her entitlement to a refund and she got the correct responses in that regard. She did not come on asking for homemade remedies to her faulty tiling. So, people were not being unhelpful as they answered correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

RossieMan wrote: »
    You don't have the right to a refund here. The item isn't the problem. Your location is. That's your fault.

Thread closed.

You don't seem to be grasping it's not their fault your floor is wrong. They can't resell the item, you're stuck with it.

did you read the thread? - The OP has gratefully accepted most of the information and is now looking for a solution to the issue - maybe the thread should be moved or the title changed, but certainly should not be closed.

The rubber feet idea is an example of how it has evolved

Where has the OP accepted they aren't entitled to a refund?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Where has the OP accepted they aren't entitled to a refund?

Are you one of engineers who came to check the machine?why you so 100% sure there is nothing wrong with machine? Machine was not secured there, it is free stand. So it can be pulled out or back.So this machine can be moved out of edge of tile. The position was moved by engineer, I did not put there at all. I did not put machine on there when I got it beginning. It is still making noise.

The reason that I want refund because the problem wasn’t solved after two times repairs by engineers. I have tried many methods to fix by myself as well. But all didn’t work!

My friend told me that I can put two pieces of hard wood floor underneath of front feet. I hope that it can solve the problem.

What result did the engineers give you? Was it a technical problem with the machine?

Would you like them to tile your floor for you?

Op hasn't got a clue of what their rights are. Absolutely no case for a refund here.

Pay for the 3rd engineer to come out, waste more of people's time.

Hopefully the wood solves YOUR issue. Not where you bought it from.

Advertisement