Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir promised to remove my data cap. Instead I've been disconnected since Wednesday.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

k99_64 wrote: »
    Please wait 3-5 days for an update.

Yeah I'll escalate this to my tier 2 team. Unfortunately it's standard policy that you join the back of the queue for updates. Unfortunately the current turnaround is 3-5 working days.

If you'd like to call customer support on 1901 the next time you have 3 hours to spare you could listen to the same 3 tracks played over a poor connection while I transfer you through to various sections only to be finally told to go sit on your thumbs for another week.

Pro tip for anyone being transferred. Ask for a silent line.

" yes Adam I promise if there's any problem calling you I will let you know first thing and arrange for you to speak to someone else". So I gave her benefit of the doubt and waited all day before I rang. Manager never called me back. Turns out she's not in. Asked why the other girl who sent request to manager didn't call me back. Couldn't say. Is she in? Couldn't say.

Very poor service all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

sierra117x wrote: »
    " yes Adam I promise if there's any problem calling you I will let you know first thing and arrange for you to speak to someone else". So I gave her benefit of the doubt and waited all day before I rang. Manager never called me back. Turns out she's not in. Asked why the other girl who sent request to manager didn't call me back. Couldn't say. Is she in? Couldn't say.

Very poor service all round.
    Hi there, 

I've PM'd you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

ayyyyyyyy so good news. Broadband is back. 15 days without internet makes sierra something something.

So to be fair they got it cleared eventually and restored. so happy with that. thanks to the eir reps here for the help its appreciated.

alas not all is as it should be. im a big man for checking my speeds pretty regularly. Eirs been great and ive had 143mb/s (around 17/18 MB's) which was great and I was always happy with....unfortunately its coming in consistently between 80/90 mb/s...around 10. its a pretty drastic change and im hoping its just going to be a 24 hour issue while everything stabilizes or whatever.

I can see it being an uphill battle if it doesnt return though because while ive always gotten 143 im sure ill be given the old congestion this and time of the day that line and pointed to the terms and conditions where it states UP TO 150mb/s.

I know i sound like a moany c*** btw but me and the missus are big time internet users so dropping from 143 to 90 is pretty harsh.

anyway. wish me luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Good that you're sorted. The lower speed is odd, I've never tested below 140.
    I take it you can be fairly sure you are uncapped now? Was it considered a new install?
    Everyone else who asked to remove the cap have no way of telling if it went through. 

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Good that you're sorted. The lower speed is odd, I've never tested below 140.
    I take it you can be fairly sure you are uncapped now? Was it considered a new install?
    Everyone else who asked to remove the cap have no way of telling if it went through. 

Yeah hoping it's a temporary situation.

Well when I check my eir the package shows as unlimited. So maybe have a look there.

It's unlimited for everyone on the myeir page but some people are tied to the FUP there is no way a user can check. The only way be sure right now is if you know you signed up to Eir after the day the FUP was removed for new uesers.

tuxy wrote: »
    It's unlimited for everyone on the myeir page but some people are tied to the FUP there is no way a user can check. The only way be sure right now is if you know you signed up to Eir after the day the FUP was removed for new uesers.

I had a nice message about how of course they removed the cap after all this trouble. Then I thought about it.

I was put off by pure telecoms prices but I've heard they are pretty professional and offer the same speeds. Think I'll be giving them a look when the contract is up

That's why I was wondering if you were treated as a new sign up to fix the problem
    When something similar happened to me years ago I was given a new account number.
    If you are on a new account number it's probably safe to assume the cap is gone.
    Still waiting on confirmation from someone who was told the cap would be removed and has gone over 1TB but I think most of them are too scared and I don't blame them.

My plan with FTTH was always just to pick the cheapest and change when the contract was up but I think it could be worth paying for the peace of mind that comes with good customer support. 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good you have a connection again atleast.
    I was checking out the pure telecom website and within minutes i got both a phone call and a pop up from online chat after i clicked on check for availability.
    I was absolutely shocked at that level of customer care.

Tempted to go with them,, they are €41.50 pm 18 month contract.

I hear only great things about them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Until you ask about their data cap - 1TB. Out of the frying pan.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I did and they dont enforce it,, i said thats a bit odd having a cap and not enforcing it and they said comreg enforce all operators to have it, how true that is i dont know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Strange they don’t enforce Sky or Airwire, and now Eir, by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Dcully wrote: »
    I did and they dont enforce it,, i said thats a bit odd having a cap and not enforcing it and they said comreg enforce all operators to have it, how true that is i dont know.

That is complete nonsense and you should be wary of going with any company that is either lying to you or just doesn't have a clue.

I know some of you may be shocked/surprised but believe it or not....my saga continues. 

So the good news. Eir have long since reinstated my broadband. took about 3 weeks in the end. It wasn't the end of the world but considering we are so rural and don't have cable tv we relied pretty heavily on the internet. 

It was shocking hard to get it sorted in the end though. So many reps giving me so many different suggestions and a lot of people giving conflicting information. 

Interestingly enough I rang through to the call centre once and got through but no one was talking on the other end. like an accidental pickup. I could hear EVERYTHING the other operators where saying though. I always figured they where up the walls busy and hadn't enough operators but it doesnt help they take a pause for the cause between every call to talk about their social lives. Never mind some of the personal customer information I could hear them talking about. 

The other news is the bills. They can't actually get the bill down to the original amount for some reason. The bill was originally 37 and the best they could do was 45 and credit the remaining amount. They originally had 65 credited by 25 and I had to spend(I **** you not) about 20 minutes explaining to some ejit that 65-25=40 not 37. They offered to credit for the entire amount rather than month by month and I'm glad i didnt do that because it would have been immediately wiped out by the two routers they decided to add to my most recent bill....so back I go this morning to call them and get that sorted out :( wish me luck.

Advertisement