Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simplifying PS4

Options
  • 29-09-2018 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I have a PS4 which I use for Fifa and Sky Go. That is it, I don't want it to be some sort of social media platform either. Are there any tips to make it more basic. It seems to take a good while to actually get either Fifa or PS4 open.

I don't want to assign a user to each dualshock controller every time I turn on the device. Ideally I'd want to turn off profiles completely. I just play Fifa against my mates who are beside me, I don't want online gaming side of things.

I just find the whole thing counter-intuitive and get frustrated trying to use it as do my mates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I have a PS4 which I use for Fifa and Sky Go. That is it, I don't want it to be some sort of social media platform either. Are there any tips to make it more basic. It seems to take a good while to actually get either Fifa or PS4 open.

I don't want to assign a user to each dualshock controller every time I turn on the device. Ideally I'd want to turn off profiles completely. I just play Fifa against my mates who are beside me, I don't want online gaming side of things.

I just find the whole thing counter-intuitive and get frustrated trying to use it as do my mates.

Is pressing X on your profile really that much hassle for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Is pressing X on your profile really that much hassle to you?

It's a first world problem I know, but if there's four of us it's just an unnecessary inconvenience. It adds zero value and if it was possible I'd turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You can set up your default profile.
    You can also go into the settings and disable the network connection - no online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Taltos wrote: »
    You can set up your default profile.
    You can also go into the settings and disable the network connection - no online play.

He uses Sky Go.

Don't bother with other accounts on the system, and when someone else wants to play and uses another controller just select guest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is pressing X on your profile really that much hassle for you?

It's a pretty terrible and slow UI. When your PC boots up quicker there's a problem. Heard the Pro is a bit better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement