Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Saturday night knee jerk transfers - Have exactly enough to go Shaw & Mane to Sterling & Holebas for a -4

United are muck and Mane a bit lean on the points return but a game against Cardiff not too far off!

But then Watford have a nice run and City got some big games which should see Sterling nailed on!

Any thoughts?

I would definitely go with the mane to sterling transfer but probably hold off on Shaw to holebas.

Depends on the rest of your back line, but it could be worth going for a Doherty (or double up on wolves if you have Bennett). But I don’t think it’s worth the hit this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'd hold off bringing in City players given their upcoming schedule: important CL game, away to Liverpool, international break, home to Burnley, another important CL game, away to Spurs. The big guns will likely be rotated out for the Burnley game and the other two league games will be difficult to pick up points in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

thunderdog wrote: »
    I would definitely go with the mane to sterling transfer but probably hold off on Shaw to holebas.

Depends on the rest of your back line, but it could be worth going for a Doherty (or double up on wolves if you have Bennett). But I don’t think it’s worth the hit this week

Unfortunately can't fund Sterling without dropping Shaw - but I do have Bennett but would prefer to spread out my defenders for rotating between better fixtures!

I could do something like Bilva to Yarmo and then Laca to Kane for a -4. I obviously want Kane for next week but not sure I want that much value tied up in him long term, tempted to free hit just to have him for next weekend. Ideally I'd wait until after European games before doing anything but I'd say potential price fluctuations will force me to act sooner than I would like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Walcott and firminiho out moutinhio and kane in before the rise in prices!! have Rich as everton cover...and looking forward to zaha coming good...firminiho doesnt even deserve to start after today...sturridge should be given a run of games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bye: Lacazette, Dilva & Moura
    Hi: Kane, Maddison & Fraser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Not-on-the-Mendy, Aguero and Salah/Mane at risk. Hazard, Kane and AN Other on the watchlist. 2 FTs to play with. Will have to be sensible and wait until after the midweek games.

Will have to be sensible and wait until after the midweek games.
    If only everyone could be like this, it would make everyones lives easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

If he doesn't play long against Barca considering a punt on lamela in for schurrle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So ive two free transfers for next week.

Im tempted by Salah to Sterling and Aguero to Kane.

I know Liverpool have strong fixtures coming up after the city match but i think Sterling is in a lot better form currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Scrap that! Salah to Hazard, Aguero to Kane....

Did the exact same for a -4. Wildcard in international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Salah & Zaha - > Maddison & Kane (-4) was bugging me all week but decided to save my FT.

Still looking at doing it this week for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If only everyone could be like this, it would make everyones lives easier.

I'm getting burned all year from waiting on midweek against my instincts and then not affording it/changing my mind. Time to take action.

If things go wrong with injuries midweek I can hit the WC button and save the -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Salah & Wilson to Maddison & Kane. Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

What is the panic with all these transfers involving players with champions league games midweek???? And still 2 games left in gameweek

if Kane were to pick up an injury my sympathy levels will be zero
    And yes I understand price rises etc etc but it’s not like he doesn’t get injured a bit ...........

For me kane at 12.4 is a good bet for next week, and future games, when he rises after to weekend to 12.5, not such a good deal...and wouldnt be able to afford him!! And moutiniho is goin to rip up the next few games, and his price will also rise...so technically Im saving .2mill by making the move tonight...and leaving 0 in the bank....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Aguero out for Kane, but need to free up funds. Mendy out to a 5.4m def, or Salah out for Son? I'd like to take a punt on Son, two good fixtures and should be guaranteed minutes with Eriksen and Alli injuries. Thoughts?

For me kane at 12.4 is a good bet for next week, and future games, when he rises after to weekend to 12.5, not such a good deal...and wouldnt be able to afford him!! And moutiniho is goin to rip up the next few games, and his price will also rise...so technically Im saving .2mill by making the move tonight...and leaving 0 in the bank....

Who are you selling ?
    What happens if Kane gets injured mid week . Is it still a good deal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »
    Who are you selling ?
    What happens if Kane gets injured mid week . Is it still a good deal ?

There is always a risk that a player can get injured. Sure, a player could get injured in training. If you need to pull the trigger in case of price rises/drops, and you're 100% sure on the transfer, then I say go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Walcott and firminiho out moutinhio and kane in before the rise in prices!! have Rich as everton cover...and looking forward to zaha coming good...firminiho doesnt even deserve to start after today...sturridge should be given a run of games!

None of these players are changing in price tonight so I don’t see your rush.

There is no chance Sturridge will start regularly ahead of Firmino. Firmino is way too important to the style of play Klopp likes. Sturridge is a great goal scorer but doesn’t suit the team in the way Firmino does.

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    There is always a risk that a player can get injured. Sure, a player could get injured in training. If you need to pull the trigger in case of price rises/drops, and you're 100% sure on the transfer, then I say go for it.

The reason I asked who he was selling as well was one the incoming players is moutinho who apparently is going to rip it up over the next few weeks..............there may be better options who allow more more time to make the transfers .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Everybody is jumping on the Maddison bandwagon which is irritating as his price is soaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

2ft available and still weighing it up, but Kane against Cardiff could be too good to resist.
    Just to figure out who to make way... I've been tempted to sell Salah the last 2 weeks but the fear that he'll find his form in front of goal as soon as I'll sell him has stopped me.
    If I do bring in Kane it will most likely involve one of the following.

Ings and Salah to Kane and Moutinho (or some other midfielder for 6m or less)
    Aguero and Salah to Kane and Sterling
    Aguero and Richarlison to Kane and Moutinho (or mid for 5.5 or less)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mendy out, Trippier in.

km79 wrote:
    Who are you selling ? What happens if Kane gets injured mid week . Is it still a good deal ?

selling Firminiho and walcott....have rich as everton cover, and bernard played well when on today for everton , so reckon walcott might quiet down and rich play more through the centre. I dont know if you have watched Moutiniho last few games for wolves. He has been outstanding, everything going through him, so expect a good return next 3 games. Firminiho has been relatively poor, not getting into scoring positions too often with salah trying to do everything, and killing firminihos space!!

Unfortunately cant do anything with injuries....Kane tbf is fairly durable. And not at risk of been rested.

Looking like those of us who want to bring Kane in will have to do it tonight or pay more for the privilege. Will never understand why people immediately jump on a player hours after a haul, particularly with a midweek game to be played, its not like you get some of the points they just scored if you transfer them in straight away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have enough to do Aguero to Kane for free but I'll want Aguero back straight away. Don't know if it's worth two transfers. And I got burned so many times last season by captaining Kane in "easy' home fixtures, half expect him to troll everyone and blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Aguero and Bernardo Silva out for Kane and Mata

Mata?????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

No, just no.

Advertisement