Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three vs. Vodafone

Options
  • 29-09-2018 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

Three have unlimited data and Vodafone offers only 6GB but people have told me Vodafone have better coverage.

Easy to see on a map the difference. Are Three working getting increasing coverage for 4G ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Three have unlimited data and Vodafone offers only 6GB but people have told me Vodafone have better coverage.

Easy to see on a map the difference. Are Three working getting increasing coverage for 4G ?

Three are still merging so its hard to say when it comes to area i had to leave three because i could not even get voice never mind data but its changed since so i will be moving back to three. Vodafone are too expensive for whats on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I left 3 too and switched to Vodafone and have had no problems. I would frequently loose all coverage with 3 inside buildings whereas even in basements of mass concrete buildings I get Vodafone coverage, no chance of that with 3. Was paying 30 a month for 3 and the deal with Vodafone at the time was 25 for 6 months and 35 for 6 months so same price overall. Haven't ever come close to using the full 6GB either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Vodafone offer 15Gb of you switch to them via this offer. Coverage and speeds are generally far superior.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057850162/89/#post107784419

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

link is dead....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

link is dead....:(

No it ain't. You'll find the thread in bargain alerts. Has been on page 1 or 2 since it was started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Sign up to Vodafone X and you’ll get 100 minutes, 15 gb, free texts and a choice of free Sky Sports mobile, Spotify Premium or free weekends.

Details on how to sign up are on Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I haven't actually given this much thought and then I realised I hadn't considered Eir as an option.

And then I discovered there isn "SIM only" plans and I don't know how those are not exactly the same.

So I Phonhave just given up comparing. I'm just over thinking it all while waiting for the funds to get a new iPhone.:o:p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Basically do you want cheaper or better coverage.

Even in city's 3 is poor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Sign up to Vodafone X and you’ll get 100 minutes, 15 gb, free texts and a choice of free Sky Sports mobile, Spotify Premium or free weekends.

Details on how to sign up are on Bargain Alerts.

20gb :D Plus every couple of months they throw another 5gb on top. Topped up 2 days ago and got a text saying ''here's 5gb extra to enjoy''

Student X unlimited plan.

Advertisement