Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with spc alarm and velux contacts...

Options
  • 29-09-2018 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi my alarm, Spc 43xx went off for apparently for no reason. Digging deeper i found that 2 contacts on velux windows, which are on the same line is were the strange problem appears. When looking at the input log of these i get weird ohm readings and only at certain times. I am posting the logs if anyone has any idea whats up. I havent opened velux windows in a while and the last part of the log u can see when i open/close the windows. 14 hours later and nothing is happening. Are the contacts not working or else?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Could be anything on that zone. A faulty device or a bad connection or damaged cable.
    Have you a meter to check the resistance properly?

If so proceed as follows:

Disconnect the zone from the panel & remove any end of line resistors,
    Set you meter to continuity (200 ohms) and connect the pair to the 2 meter leads.
    on a length of cable long enough to reach all your windows on zone 3.
    Make a note of the reading in ohms. One by one tap every sensor & open and close every contact. After a tap or an open close the resistance should return to the around the same value. If it does not disconnect that device , close of the pair wired into it & move on. Replace any that you had to close off.

Advertisement