If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV recommendation

Options
  • 29-09-2018 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a new TV with the following requirements if you wouldn't mind recommending something suitable

Must have:
    - smart IPTV app
    - RTÉ player
    - handles USB file playback smoothly
    - ethernet connection for broadband for IPTV

Nice to have:
    - Freesat tuner

I'm not remotely fussy on 4k or anything like that and size limit is 43".

Cheers
    Séamus

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Seamus,

thanks for the post - we never promise the availability of IPTV Apps as they are subject to the platform providers and TV manufacturers and we are not in control of these unfortunately.

If you want the best option I would recommend the Samsung UE43NU7400 which is a super TV and includes a Freesat HD tuner:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203366-401505.aspx

Keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Can you confirm if this set is curved or not? 

The link you provided has the following text but I can't see it mentioned on any reviews I have read online:

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Curved screen[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Immerse yourself in the action with a curved screen that surrounds you with a superb viewing experience. Discover a deeper, wider and larger perceived picture that captivates you from every angle. Be drawn into the scene and discover state-of-the-art technology that's changing how we view TV. And medical research has proven that curved screens can be enjoyed longer with less risk of eye fatigue - making your latest box set binge a more comfortable experience[/font]

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Hi lassyk,

Sorry that must be a mistake on our website as the 7400 is definitely a flat screen.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.