Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS,Network Bridge

Options
  • 29-09-2018 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Had no problems setting this up before with Win7 but proving difficult on Win 10.
    I tried Network Bridge. I bridge Wifi (internet ) and Lan and then give the address that wifi had to the network bridge. Can't ping default gateway.
    I also tried ICS following instructions from internet but that work either.There is meant to an option to select '
    From the Home networking connection drop-down menu, select the Microsoft Hosted Virtual Adapter'
    My Lan is connected to a switch. Its says unidentified network.
    I have being unable to change its network category.
    Is this the root of the issues? Some things I did included switching off airplane mode but when I click I dont get Private/Public options ..I assumed this would take me a few minutes and after a few hours of cursing Microsoft I would appreciate some advice.

Got it working using gpedit and assigning unidentified network as private ..now bridge works.

Advertisement