Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed and trying to buy a new house

Options
  • 29-09-2018 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am currently sale agreed on my house and waiting for contracts to be signed. There are 2 houses that I am interested in from different estate agents. Both houses are being sold by either a bank or some sort of receiver and have been vacant for roughly 18 months. Neither want to accept an offer from me until contracts have been signed for my house. My issue with that is I would like to go sale agreed so that I can get an engineer in to look at whichever house I want to go with and get the process started as I dont want to sell my house and have nowhere to live afterwards. The person buying my house isnt in a chain so I know the deal should be dont pretty quickly. To that end, is there any real problem with me bluffing the estate agent and saying my house is sold? Both EA's are telling me there is loads of interest in their houses and thats why they want a buyer who isnt in a chain etc. but both houses have been on the market for awhile with no movement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You don't have to go sale agreed to send in an engineer to inspect the property. There is nothing stopping you sending in the engineer to both properties if you are willing to help pay. If you don't want to pay then you'll have to be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tm_jax

Yeah, I know I dont have to wait until sale agreed, but I dont want to pay an engineer and then be potentially outbid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tm_jax wrote:
    Yeah, I know I dont have to wait until sale agreed, but I dont want to pay an engineer and then be potentially outbid.

No choice but to be patient. It's frustrating I know. At times you feel little more than a pawn in the whole process but there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

If you sign contracts, you'll have go agree a closing date for your own home.

Almost impossible to do that when you don't know if your offer will even be accepted. Very strong possibility of ending up having to move out of your own house before you have the next one lined up and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tm_jax

If you sign contracts, you'll have go agree a closing date for your own home.

Almost impossible to do that when you don't know if your offer will even be accepted. Very strong possibility of ending up having to move out of your own house before you have the next one lined up and ready to go.

That’s exactly why I want to bluff the EA and say I have a contract signed. Even if my offer is accepted and we go sale agreed on that house this week it’ll still be 6 weeks roughly before everything is done. Whereas I will hopefully have my house sold within the next 2 weeks

• Advertisement
Advertisement