Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 29th. September 2018

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You know for definite?

I hate to break it to you but regardless of what grey matter you have or who you read you're just an ordinary gob****e like the rest of us.

Yes I am.

But there's a little thing called 'science' so i dont believe in magic or fairies or placebos.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

He’s very likable which makes ray even more unlikeable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Take That, Rochdale?
    Oasis

Incorrect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

20 years sober sounds like an illness.

That song no longer suits him..nothing to do with words.. simply .because it’s a fast paced type song.

That's the error I'm talking about. You're missing the point. It's life, bottom of news story on tv day 1. Not national news for a week.

Do you see what makes the news on a daily basis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ray looks like a puppy waiting for a biscuit as soon as this is over whenever Marti starts singing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Evening all, just looking in after the Norton show, Rod Stewart or Marti Pellow, think i chose right.

M

I like this chap, can he talk to Ray about porridge addiction?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'd love to know how much in royalties from that song he got.

Reg Presley an his estate would have/has got majority of it as he wrote it, WWW just covered it

'Julia Says', or GTFO! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Yes I am.

But there's a little thing called 'science' so i dont believe in magic or fairies or placebos.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The little thing called science keeps changing. Be it gravity or the universe to a multiverse, to the Big Bang.

Science is scrapping the tip of the iceberg of knowledge. If you've been keeping abreast of affairs science is veering towards the concept of a soul surviving death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Pub quiz (don't google)...

Only two bands have officially sponsored football teams in Britain.

PA-65737-650x433.jpg

Wet Wet Wet sponsored Clydebank FC. Who was the other, and what team?

2nd guess super furry animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

He looks older than 53

But his voice is still great

Come on Marti, the lyrics go 'I feel it in my fingers...'

Why don’t they provide an auto cue?

• Advertisement

The little thing called science keeps changing. Be it gravity or the universe to a multiverse, to the Big Bang.

Science is scrapping the tip of the iceberg of knowledge. If you've been keeping abreast of affairs science is veering towards the concept of a soul surviving death.

Like I said, we can agree to disagree.

Do you see what makes the news on a daily basis?

Some items are equally less newsworthy. But this young one's leaving is not as important as Brexit to us.

2nd guess super furry animals

Boom, baby!

SFA-3.jpg

Didn't do much for Cardiff City that season, though :D

M

Yes best cut the show off to show a repeat of some completely unknown "Who Do You Think You Are" show, you couldn't make it up the organisation is so brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I won't be buying albums or tickets, but fair play Marti Pellow seems really sound.

• Advertisement

Some items are equally less newsworthy. But this young one's leaving is not as important as Brexit to us.

No one has said it's as important as Brexit. Or homelessness. Those issues have been covered a lot, every day. They haven't been sacrificed for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Pub quiz (don't google)...

Only two bands have officially sponsored football teams in Britain.

Wet Wet Wet sponsored Clydebank FC. Who was the other, and what team?

Black Sabbath. Birmingham city.?

Slade, Wolves?
    :D

Marti is the best guest of the weekend LLS or Darcy.

Probably since the new season began.

M

That Panto sheite was given more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I was loving Marti until he said “ it’s a great show “

Not Cark?

I highly recommend Idles right now on BBC2 and their quiet, laid-back performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

he has some voice in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Why don’t they provide an auto cue?

I'd say Ray has dibs on that!

No one has said it's as important as Brexit. Or homelessness. Those issues have been covered a lot, every day.

I respect your viewpoint Alf.

For me though even if Brexit is covered everyday it's fluid and absolutely massive for us, financially and maybe in terms of life itself if we don't get the north right.

First day I heard Rebecca's story I said grand, little high up on the list maybe. Then a second day and I thought too much. That's just my personal opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Oasis

The Oasis logo would look good on a jersey.

I respect your viewpoint Alf.

For me though even if Brexit is covered everyday it's fluid and absolutely massive for us, financially and maybe in terms of life itself if we don't get the north right.

First day I heard Rebecca's story I said grand, little high up on the list maybe. Then a second day and I thought too much. That's just my personal opinion.

Is her story as important as Brexit? Not even close.

Is it a story? Yes. It's a system that's broken and needs to be addressed.

And it's mostly being discussed on stations where they can't just discuss Brexit all the time. It's a story that offers a change of tack.

Just like Tony Hadley from Spandau Ballet, it makes sense from a financial point of view for Marti to tour solo.

Why split the money with the rest of the band, when you can perform the same set list on your own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just like Toni Hadley from Spandau Ballet, it makes sense from a financial point of view for Marti to tour solo.

Why split the money with the rest of the band, when you can perform the same set list on your own?

Bad news for Skid's wallet.

Is her story as important as Brexit? Not even close.

Is it a story? Yes. It's a system that's broken and needs to be addresses

Is it that bad though Alf? Now I won't claim to be an expert but I can't remember that many cases of mis marking over the past few years.

Regarding our discussion on relics etc.. I'd consider myself a rational man, I love science, especially the science of predicting weather. I'm educated to Masters level. Yet I personally couldn't rule out miraculous intervention! So I'd find it offensive to be dismissed out of hand. Like if you knew me I'm sure you'd say this guy is no superstitious fool.

Is it that bad though Alf? Now I won't claim to be an expert but I can't remember that many cases of mis marking over the past few years.

Regarding our discussion on relics etc.. I'd consider myself a rational man, I love science, especially the science of predicting weather. I'm educated to Masters level. Yet I personally couldn't rule out miraculous intervention! So I'd find it offensive to be dismissed out of hand. Like if you knew me I'm sure you'd say this guy is no superstitious fool.

There are plenty of cases of mis-marking. They don't all end up in the High Court...presumably not everyone can go down that route...But there are. Anecdotally at least but I don't know how transparent the figures from DES are if there are any.

I don't believe in miraculous intervention. I believe in the science behind what happened. Why did a change/cure/remission/etc happen? There is a scientific reason for it. It isn't because someone touched a picture off the case outside a relic. Or said more prayers than someone else who prayed for a miracle. Given your background is in the science of predicting weather, then we both fundamentally come from a physics background. We have different opinions. That's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

In my opinion darcy was much better this week than late late show. Una o hagan swung it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Marti is the best guest of the weekend LLS or Darcy.

Probably since the new season began.

I agree.

M

The format needs to change, one organisation can't field 10 plus interesting guest every week spread over 2 prime time shows, they need to stagger the shows, give Tubs Spetember to May, give D'Arcy the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The format needs to change, one organisation can't field 10 plus interesting guest every week spread over 2 prime time shows, they need to stagger the shows, give Tubs Spetember to May, give D'Arcy the rest.

Or just can both of them?

Do we really need to see the conveyor belt of Z-listers, wannabees and RTE staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

NIMAN wrote: »
    Or just can both of them?

Do we really need to see the conveyor belt of Z-listers, wannabees and RTE staff?

Exactly. How was it, we could have Brendan OConnor on, a few weeks ago, having an hour long chat with one guest, and still make the show riveting. This ****e, that passes for entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights is a complete waste of resources. However, until RTe has to actually stand on its own two feet financially, that will never happen.
    Public service broadcasting should be restricted to just one tv and one radio channel. Everything else, funding wise, should be allocated on a programme by programme basis, irregardless of which company makes them, once that company has national coverage.
    It is completely unjustified for RTE to claim that the license is absolutely necessary for them to produce public service programmes when you see the level of ****e that they regularly produce, both on tv and radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Skid X wrote: »
    I agree.

Only just watching it now :o Marti didn't sound as good as usual but he was a bit of craic which is no harm. They should have more singers on doing medleys, anything is better than the usual lineup of the diseased, the bereaved and RTE Employees.

No mention of him leaving Wet Wet Wet and being bizarrely replaced by Kevin Simms from Liberty X #MartiForever #KevinSimmNever

Advertisement