Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport on Safari with Silverlight

Options
  • 29-09-2018 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I've been using this fine for a few weeks, but as of today Safari keeps asking me to install Silverlight again. I've tried this twice, cleared cache and rebooted but it's still the same. Please help, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Safari update to V12 on the 17th of September and its made a balls job of everything that runs on Silverlight. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 the_grinder01

Safari update to V12 on the 17th of September and its made a balls job of everything that runs on Silverlight. 
    Oh. That's annoying.

I wonder if Eir will remove this from their site then:

"Y[font=FSAlbert, Helvetica, "Varela Round", sans-serif]ou must use IE11 for Windows PCs or Safari for MacOS. Users of Firefox v52 and above will no longer be able to stream eirSport content due to the browsers withdrawal of support of the Silverlight plugin."[/font]

And then finally update to HTML5...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Oh. That's annoying.

I wonder if Eir will remove this from their site then:

"Y[font=FSAlbert, Helvetica,]ou must use IE11 for Windows PCs or Safari for MacOS. Users of Firefox v52 and above will no longer be able to stream eirSport content due to the browsers withdrawal of support of the Silverlight plugin."[/font]

And then finally update to HTML5...
    Hi the_grinder01, 

vapor trails is correct here. There was an update on Safari to V12 on the 17th of September and the eir Sport service is not working any longer. If you download the app this will work for you. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you and get this updated. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rayc3139

Hi is there any possibility that Eir might update their system so as Safari V12 will work ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Works fine on Chrome in the meantime anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Not on a Mac. As Microsoft no longer support Silverlight why is Eir still using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭lionmqj

Eir needs to change the info on their website. 
    The information is now incorrect. 
    There is now no way that Eir can be watched if you use a mac! I too am locked out for a month. 

Can you please change the information on your website? Mac users cannot use EIR to stream eirsport anymore. 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This whole silver light/ internet explorer is absolutely atrocious, does any even use IE anymore? I tried to get in yesterday but just kept getting a silver light error message which I know eir will tell me is an MS issue and a problem with sliverlight, it’s going to be a complete mess to sort out the matter.

Eir need to step up to the 2018’s and have streaming across all browsers and step away from silver light

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,292 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The browser version doesn't even work n IE nine times out of ten in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Not on a Mac. As Microsoft no longer support Silverlight why is Eir still using it?
    Apologies I'm using Setanta go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Fair play to Eir as least they now have a message telling Mac users to revert to safari 11 :D
    Are html5 coders really too expensive for Eir to employ? 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 the_grinder01

Hi the_grinder01, 

vapor trails is correct here. There was an update on Safari to V12 on the 17th of September and the eir Sport service is not working any longer. If you download the app this will work for you. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you and get this updated. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Which app Tracey?

Advertisement