Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confident mates to go out with

Options
  • 29-09-2018 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,

If all your circle is either married, in relationship for life, shy or doesn't have what it takes to meet with new people, or just desperately looking for "a" and "any" girlfriend like a nice guy, what would be your suggestion to find confident mates to go out to have fun with who knows what they want, knows how to look after themselves and how to put themselves first?

Let me know.

PS: Alone is a great option, always. Might try something different tho.

Dublin.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I dont understand what you mean by 'looking for any girlfriend like a nice guy' but if youre looking for new friends and youre in the city theres hundreds of groups, clubs and organisations you could join. What are your interests?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I dont understand what you mean by 'looking for any girlfriend like a nice guy' but if youre looking for new friends and youre in the city theres hundreds of groups, clubs and organisations you could join. What are your interests?

Well there's an unspecified proportion of men who develop a mindset of ''anyone half decent'' will do. Either through shyness, desperation or a combination of factors. Going out alone is grand if you're confident and sociable enough but it's not always ideal.

Pug160 wrote: »
    Well there's an unspecified proportion of men who develop a mindset of ''anyone half decent'' will do. Either through shyness, desperation or a combination of factors. Going out alone is grand if you're confident and sociable enough but it's not always ideal.

Fair enough, ive plenty of friends whove settled for men who are 'half decent' lol, it can be difficult to find someone that's nice, attractive and smart and likes you back.
    I got the impression the op was looking for confident friends. Maybe if he shared some of his interest or a bit more about himself others could offer some suggestions?

OP do you like sport? Dublin has lots of GAA and Football clubs, MMA groups, im sure youd find lots of confident friends in these places.

Otherwise have you checked out meetup.com?
    Theres also groups of strangers in the city that meet up for nights out, hikes etc, you'll find there pages on facebook - I forget what theyre called but ive a friend who moved to Dublin about 2 years ago found these groups excellent for getting out and meeting people.
    Also if youre into comics - just guessing by your profile picture - there's allot of meetup groups, gamers, cosplay groups that meet up.
    Consider your interests and go from there, do a bit of research, facebook is a great place to find meet up groups and events.

If youre shy and have difficulty approaching people have you thought about going to counselling? Theres no shame in it and it might help you over come low confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Seregwethrin

I am a bit busy and I don't do well in groups :) so, I want to see if there's any good looking fella wants to join me for a pint or two, to meet new sweet friends and come back, without the hours and days of other meetup activities. I'm up for once a week. Nice things may happen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I am a bit busy and I don't do well in groups :) so, I want to see if there's any good looking fella wants to join me for a pint or two, to meet new sweet friends and come back, without the hours and days of other meetup activities. I'm up for once a week. Nice things may happen ;)

Your post is somewhat ambiguous, brother. Why does the man have to be handsome? I'm guessing you're not going for the Rodney Dangerfield approach of hanging out with uglier people to make yourself appear better then? ;):)

• Advertisement

Have you tried tinder, grinder or a dating website? there might be local singles night or speed dating night in your area?

Im not sure if youre looking for a hook up or new friends? If its new friends youre looking for its difficult to meet people unless youre actively willing to put yourself out there and try something new. You never know unless you try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Lmao, this is all I could think about when I read this post

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Seregwethrin

Arrival wrote: »
    Lmao, this is all I could think about when I read this post

Lol that was good

Advertisement