Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3-day ban from Donal Trump Presidency thread

Options
  • 29-09-2018 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I received a 3-day ban on the Donald Trump Presidency thread (part IV). I can't link to it here as, because I am banned from it, I can't see it.

The ban resulted from what the mod referred to as my having posted Spam. "Spam is defined as repeatedly posting unwanted and/or unrequested advertising or information."

In what way was my post considered to be Spam?

Thanks

Here's the MOD's PM:
    Dear TomOnBoard,

You have been banned from Politics for three days for posting Spam.

Spam is defined as repeatedly posting unwanted and/or unrequested advertising or information.

Please see the here.

ancapailldorcha

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomOnBoard viewpost.gif
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2 Scoops viewpost.gif
    An easier way to ask it, which of the four collaborated her story?

Nobody did. Nobody who drove her to the party, or drove her home. She doesn't know the location, she doesn't know the date.

She remembers she had one beer though.

Yo, Scoops.... Its late, man.... Time for sleepies....Without sleepies, we begin to sound unhinged.... I love that word.... Unhinged.... Or is it Un-hinged?.... Or Un-Hinged?? Think about it overnight...

And for bed-time reading, have a look at:

http://time.com/3625414/rape-trauma-brain-memory/

It might help answer some of your questions that are not really helping your credibility. As I know you mean no ill-will, and you may not be able to access the internet this late 'coz the adults might have switched the WiFi off, here's the introduction to the article.... I hope it helps... Meantime, night, night....

Oh, and by the way, when you wake after a restful sleep, I hope you'll feel better and perhaps you might take a brief look (between the porridge and the lightly poached eggs) at the sadness and incredible suffering that mean that victims of such assaults need caring, gentle, affirmative supports rather than constant carping about minor details.

Anyway, here's a slice of Time for you:

"A door opens and a police officer is suddenly staring at the wrong end of a gun. In a split second, his brain is hyper-focused on that gun. It is very likely that he will not recall any of the details that were irrelevant to his immediate survival: Did the shooter have a moustache? What color was the shooter’s hair? What was the shooter wearing?

"The officer’s reaction is not a result of poor training. It’s his brain reacting to a life-threatening situation just the way it is supposed to—just the way the brain of a rape victim reacts to an assault. In the aftermath, the officer may be unable to recall many important details. He may be uncertain about many. He may be confused about many. He may recall some details inaccurately. Simultaneously, he will recall certain details – the things his brain focused on – with extraordinary accuracy. He may well never forget them. All of this, too, is the human brain working the way it was designed to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the Dispute process is to engage with the mod who banned you in an effort to resolve it between yourselves.

Have you attempted to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Yes. S/he sent me to this thread.

dudara wrote: »
    The first step in the Dispute process is to engage with the mod who banned you in an effort to resolve it between yourselves.

Have you attempted to do this?

No progress since....

I still don't have any idea how my posts on the thread breached the rules... When the ban is over tomorrow, I'll know nothing more regarding what was wrong with my activity, and/or what I might need to do to ensure I conform to whatever the rule is in the future...

I've made 2,109 posts on Boards and have never been banned. I've had 2 sarcastic warnings because I objected to the way a thread was handled. It ought to be clear that I am not a troll, and that I do contribute to Boards in the spirit of the Boards community. My record stands, and frankly, I am uncomfortable with the lack of a response from the original decision- maker since I escalated this.

I’ll ask the CMods to look at this now. In the meantime, you can post the PM exchange between you & the mod, or alternatively you can send it to the CMod when they review the appeal.

The Original PM received from the Mod was pasted into the first post in this thread.. It was headed as " You have been banned"

My Reply to the 1st PM was:

"Are you a real person or a bot?

What exactly is the alleged infraction?"

Mod Reply:

"Hi,

You've multiple posts that have nothing coherent or relevant to the thread so I marked it as spam. Please refrain from posting in this manner in future."

My Reply:

"WHO IS YOUR SUPERVISOR PLEASE?

Contact details!"

Mod Reply:

"You can post a thread in the DRP to appeal the ban."

My Reply:

"Did you delete all my posts to that thread as well?

WHat is DRP?"

Mod Reply:

"I deleted your last post.

It's where you can appeal a moderator action. It's here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397"

My Reply:

"OK. However, I can find none of my previous posts to the thread when I look at my previous posts in control panel."

Further Reply from me:

OK. I can see them when I log out...

At this point, I opened this thread...

• Advertisement

I’ll ask the CMods to look at this now. In the meantime, you can post the PM exchange between you & the mod, or alternatively you can send it to the CMod when they review the appeal.

Sorry, I meant to say, Thanks for the reply...;)

I must point out that while you contacted the mod, you didn’t actually try to engage with them to sort out the issue. You simply asked for their “supervisor” details. Do you have any idea of how Boards works, or were you trying to get a rise from the mod?

I must point out that while you contacted the mod, you didn’t actually try to engage with them to sort out the issue. You simply asked for their “supervisor” details. Do you have any idea of how Boards works, or were you trying to get a rise from the mod?

Not having previously had a ban, I admit that I am not fluent in Boards mechanisms relating to same. I understood that the reply "You can post a thread in the DRP to appeal the ban." was definitive, and represented a 'done & dusted' attitude on the part of the Mod.

I was not trying to "get a rise" out of the Mod- I was challenging the ban.

It is still entirely unclear to me what part of my post(s) gave rise to the alleged infraction. Given that the ban is now lifted, I would like to know exactly what I did wrong so that I wont repeat it.

Again, my record on Boards stands. It is not as though I am reckless or a persistent troll.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

TomOnBoard, it seemed that you ended up here by not understanding the DRP process and automatically asked for it to be escalated.

If you'd like I can ask the mod who banned you to discuss this via pm with you given that you say it was not your intention to flout the rules and you'd like guidance on how to avoid a similar issue again?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response in over a month.

Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement