If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade AVR and TV

Options
  • 29-09-2018 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭

Hi im looking to upgrade my denon avr 1713 and my tv.

Looking closely at the Hisense 65u7a but would preferably like something with better blacks, HDR quality, higher nits etc. Possibly around a grand for TV.

Ive no idea on the AVR but ill keep my Tannoy sfx 5.1 as i've no interest in 7.1 but it has to have support for HDR and 4k. No the denon 520bt as thats a downgrade in sound quality. Sony STRDH790??? Pricewise €300 ish???
    Might upgrade speakers too if theres a deal on all that.

cheers big ears. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Cursai,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

How about the LG 65UK6750 - super TV and we even manage to scrape in under budget at £999 / €1149 ( I made the convenient (for me) assumption that you were talking in GBP£ :D) - however to be honest you will go a long way to beat the picture quality of the Hisense 65U7 - it's a super piece of kit and you would really need to look at the LG 65SK8100 before you see a significant improvement over the 65U7?

The AVR1713 is another tricky one - whilst it is a good few years old, it actually is still a great sounding piece of kit and I think you will have to go to either the Denon AVRX1500 / Denon AVRX2500 or the Sony STRDN1080 to better the audio quality of your AVR1713 - obviously the feature count of most, even basic AVR's will outclass your AVR1713 but in pure audio terms the 1713 still hold's it's own.

If you wanted some bundle figures:

Hisense 65U7a / Denon AVRX1500 - retail is £1397 / €1647 - we can do a Boardie bundle at £1349 / €1599

Hisense 65U7a / Denon AVRX2500 - retail is £1497/ €1717 - we can do a Boardie bundle at £1399/ €1649

Hisense 65U7a / Sony STRDN1080 - retail is £1427/ €1697 - we can do a Boardie bundle at £1379/ €1599

LG 65SK8100 / Denon AVRX1500 - retail is £1699/ €1997 - we can do a Boardie bundle at £1649/ €1899

LG 65SK8100 / Denon AVRX2500 - retail is £1797/ €2067- we can do a Boardie bundle at £1699/ €1949

LG 65SK8100 / Sony STRDN1080 - retail is £1727/ €1997- we can do a Boardie bundle at £1699/ €1949

--lots to think about.. keep us posted if any of the above are interesting ;) 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Hi Cursai,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

How about the LG 65UK6750 - super TV and we even manage to scrape in under budget at £999 / €1149 ( I made the convenient (for me) assumption that you were talking in GBP£ :D) - however to be honest you will go a long way to beat the picture quality of the Hisense 65U7 - it's a super piece of kit and you would really need to look at the LG 65SK8100 before you see a significant improvement over the 65U7?

The AVR1713 is another tricky one - whilst it is a good few years old, it actually is still a great sounding piece of kit and I think you will have to go to either the Denon AVRX1500 / Denon AVRX2500 or the Sony STRDN1080 to better the audio quality of your AVR1713 - obviously the feature count of most, even basic AVR's will outclass your AVR1713 but in pure audio terms the 1713 still hold's it's own.

If you wanted some bundle figures:

Hisense 65U7a / Denon AVRX1500 - retail is £1397 / €1647 - we can do a Boardie bundle at £1349 / €1599

Hisense 65U7a / Denon AVRX2500 - retail is £1497/ €1717 - we can do a Boardie bundle at £1399/ €1649

Hisense 65U7a / Sony STRDN1080 - retail is £1427/ €1647 - we can do a Boardie bundle at £1399/ €1649

LG 65SK8100 / Denon AVRX1500 - retail is £1699/ €1997 - we can do a Boardie bundle at £1649/ €1899

LG 65SK8100 / Denon AVRX2500 - retail is £1797/ €2067- we can do a Boardie bundle at £1699/ €1949

LG 65SK8100 / Sony STRDN1080 - retail is £1727/ €1997- we can do a Boardie bundle at £1699/ €1949

--lots to think about.. keep us posted if any of the above are interesting ;) 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the great effort. yeh i love the avr1713(bought it from ye) but i would like HDR. ill do my research and get back to you. 

I assume you meant €1568 for the hisense/sony bundle?

Edited as I must have had a brain melt when I was looking at the Hisense / Sony pricing - retail and deal pricing changed :)

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Edited as I must have had a brain melt when I was looking at the Hisense / Sony pricing - retail and deal pricing changed :)

ATVB,

John Mc
    Balls I'm after increasing the price on myself. Haha

• Advertisement

...happy to honour the mind fart price tho' ( for you - please close the floodgates behind you)

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc

...happy to honour the mind fart price tho' ( for you - please close the floodgates behind you)

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc
    the brainfart hasnt entirely dissipated. the euro retail price is cheaper than the boardsie deal. :p

Ninja edited.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cursai wrote: »

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc
    the brainfart hasnt entirely dissipated. the euro retail price is cheaper than the boardsie deal. :p

Ninja edited.
    Hi cursai,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you!

Which bundle deal was this on?

Kind regards

David

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc

Ninja edited.
    Hi cursai,

Kind regards

David
    The Hisense Sony bundle. The euro price is incorrect.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc

Ninja edited.
    Hi cursai,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Cursai,

i think John had edited the post so we can do that one cheaper at 1599 euro as above!

Let me know if you'd like to go for that.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc

Ninja edited.
    Hi cursai,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Cursai,

i think John had edited the post so we can do that one cheaper at 1599 euro as above!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks. I'm having the brainfart now and looking at a quoted 'pre-edited' post. 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc

Ninja edited.
    Hi cursai,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Cursai,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks. I'm having the brainfart now and looking at a quoted 'pre-edited' post. 
    :D I think it's one of those weeks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.