Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two planes over south Mayo yesterday (Friday)

• 29-09-2018 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭

Yesterday two planes flew over our house (going west to east roughly) They were quiet loud and flew next to each other. They were fairly low and I thought they looked military ... certainly didn't look civilian, although I didn't get a very good look. I thought perhaps they were going to a fly past, but I didn't hear of anything in the area. Anybody else spot them ? I'm curious what they were

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

did you check on the Flight Radar 24 app to see if they showed up?
    What time was it at approx?
    Whereabouts are you exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Two Air Corps Casa aircraft (252 and 253)were out west in formation yesterday afternoon. hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Thanks for the reply, that would explain it then. Out of curiosity, how did you know ?

@nimam

We're outside Ballinrobe towards Claremorris/Ballyglass.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

They flew past my house east-west and later flew back west-east further south. I got a crap photo of them on the way back - they were closer on the outbound flight and I might have gotten a better picture, but my phone rang as I was reaching for it!

I wouldn't normally bother with a photo, but I've never see two Casa in formation around here before.

462680.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

You know I thought I heard them pass over earlier in the day too, but a tractor drove past as the same time so I didn't think anything of it. Wish I'd taken a picture now afterall !! Anyway, thanks again for satisfyingly my curiosity

• Advertisement
Advertisement