Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a package shipped to my local post office?

Options
  • 29-09-2018 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm ordering a package online and I want to get it delivered to my local post office, however I do not want to purchase an expensive PO box. Is it possible to fill in the address of the the post office when Im filling in the shipping details online and getting it shipped there and once it has arrived I go to the post office with i.d and pick it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Ian42 wrote: »
    I'm ordering a package online and I want to get it delivered to my local post office, however I do not want to purchase an expensive PO box. Is it possible to fill in the address of the the post office when Im filling in the shipping details online and getting it shipped there and once it has arrived I go to the post office with i.d and pick it up?
    Either use AddressPal from An Post, or perhaps Parcel Motel;which does the same thing, but you can pick up 24/7 and not just post office hours.

There is also Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

sugarman wrote:
    An Post have a service called AddressPal where the item is delivered to the post office and you can pick it up. Costs €4 each time.

Stupid question, but if she gets it delivered to her house but isn't there when it arrives, she can just collect it from her local distribution office free of charge anyway, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Stupid question, but if she gets it delivered to her house but isn't there when it arrives, she can just collect it from her local distribution office free of charge anyway, no?

Yes.

For me, the only/main reason to use these services is for sites/companies that do not deliver to Ireland, AddressPal and ParcelMotel allow one to get something delivered to a UK asddress, and forwarded to an Irish Collection point

The is also MailBoxDE, which does the same if one wants to use a site that does not deliver to UK or ireland, but does deliver to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

I think you only have 3 days to collect in PO or else it will be returned to sender.This is when you dont sign at your door .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Dial Hard wrote:

Yes but I'm thinking that op might not want someone at home to accept the parcel. Maybe a surprise present or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Dildos and the likes of that sort of thing are discreet packaged surely.

Advertisement