Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Registration Problems

Options
  • 30-09-2018 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I bought an apartment at the start of the year. Everything seemed fine and we moved in 6 months ago. Then the solicitor said that there was a problem with first registration. He now says that I have to sign some documents again and he will be contacting the seller's solicitor for her to do the same. I don't know how easy that will be because she could be anywhere by now. He said that the Deed of Assignment does not match the Deed of Lease and this is why the land registry rejected it. He seems to think it is not really a big deal but I am getting worried. Does anybody know about these kinds of issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

If your solicitor doesn't think it's a big deal it probably isn't. It could well be a typo or similar problem with the Deed of Assignment, this happens a fair bit.

Advertisement