Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD card or new phone

Options
  • 30-09-2018 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    So basically I have a work phone with only 8gb. Tbh I don’t use phone much other than calls or texts. My problem is the storage is crap so I just need more room for Spotify and podcasts. The phone is work one so they have data switched off etc. My question is should I buy new phone and out sim into it or would an SD card make more sense? Sorry I’m a complete tech phobe

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

SD cards cost very little. Phones cost a lot more.

If it’s just a crappy work phone why not get your own personal device and number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Why bother with having two phones?just buy a decent size sd card and put it In the phone you have.just one thing how can you use spotify when work has the data switched off?wifi only is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RichieC101

Because I used to have a personal phone and it was a pain carrying two phones especially when I used work phone most of time because it’s free to use. I have an iPad mini but not ideal to use for Spotify when walking or driving. I suppose it makes sense just to get SD card to increase memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Yea it saves the hassle of transferring numbers etc.and if its working why fix it.

Yeah I would use WiFi only and can download music on Spotify so wont need data for it. I wasn’t going to buy another phone to have two, I was just going to put my work sim in new phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Why bother with having two phones?just buy a decent size sd card and put it In the phone you have.just one thing how can you use spotify when work has the data switched off?wifi only is it?

SD card makes sense if op isn't pushed on a state of the art phone but if op did want a decent phone there is no need to carry two separate phones. Dual sim phones would be the answer here. The phone will take the work sim & ops own sim.

Thinking of getting a xiaomi phone with decent memory and put sim in it so will have good storage and reasonably good phone for cheapish price

Advertisement