Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ordered from Box.co.uk?

Options
  • 30-09-2018 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Finally put a PC together after dwelling on it for the last year or so. The last few days of though I’ve been wracking me brain looking at monitors. I’ve been looking for 144hz with Freesync, and set myself a budget of €200 which I now realise would be pushing my luck a bit for this spec. Came across a couple of sub-€200 Asus and Acers, but reading into them learned that the Asus was one of the first 144hz panels made and is a bit outdated and that specific Acer is probably the worst one you could buy. I’ve been going around in circles since.

Anyway I came across Box.co.uk earlier and then saw this Samsung monitor for £150 before delivery: https://www.box.co.uk/LC24FG73FQUXEN-Samsung-C24FG73-23.5-Full-HD-Curved-Fr_2136583.html

Looking into that specific monitor I found it’s over £100 cheaper on that site than on Amazon and most other sites. The website looks grand and all but I can’t shake the feeling that the price seemed a bit too cheap.

Can anyone here vouch for them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They're OK but that's out of stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

They're OK but that's out of stock...

Strange one, it came up as ‘Available for pre-order, due for release October 2nd’ when I linked it earlier. I went ahead and ordered it then anyway, and it says it’s due to ship on the 2nd. Hopefully it being unavailable now means the stock they were getting has all been ordered and not that they won’t be getting any in at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finally put a PC together after dwelling on it for the last year or so. The last few days of though I’ve been wracking me brain looking at monitors. I’ve been looking for 144hz with Freesync, and set myself a budget of €200 which I now realise would be pushing my luck a bit for this spec. Came across a couple of sub-€200 Asus and Acers, but reading into them learned that the Asus was one of the first 144hz panels made and is a bit outdated and that specific Acer is probably the worst one you could buy. I’ve been going around in circles since.

Anyway I came across Box.co.uk earlier and then saw this Samsung monitor for £150 before delivery: https://www.box.co.uk/LC24FG73FQUXEN-Samsung-C24FG73-23.5-Full-HD-Curved-Fr_2136583.html

Looking into that specific monitor I found it’s over £100 cheaper on that site than on Amazon and most other sites. The website looks grand and all but I can’t shake the feeling that the price seemed a bit too cheap.

Can anyone here vouch for them?

It was £165 on Amazon the other day and the 27 inch was £208 (£220 now). I got an order in for the larger panel.

Also managed to get a Lenovo Y27G (has GSync) for £179 on Currys eBay that should be delivered to AddressPal on Monday.

Advertisement