Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One zone central heating to Smart Tado etc?

Options
  • 30-09-2018 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Have a few smart devices, google home, the sonoff plugs and now wondering whether my ancient heating system which has an on and off and a basic timer (digital but all on or all off - having to turn back on certain radiators now as we approach winter) - whether smartening it up with the likes of TADO would be worthwhile - as i'd presumably have to have thermostats and a wifi switch on each radiator..

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I use the Tado on a similar system and it is very effective. The geofencing and open window detection are particularly good.
    I do not have it controlling individual rads but that's simple enough with Tado trv's if you wanted to.

I've been using it for nearly three years without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Not sure if this is of any help but I had a similar issue with a house that is mostly vacant but still needs heating - The timer was a very basic "on / off / clock" manual timer.

What I did was to install a Wifi / smart plug in the boiler house - plug the boiler into it and over-ride the timer in the hallway.

So far it is working really well. I can control it from my house & have it on a schedule to come on every second day for 1/2 hour at the minute. I can also just turn it on if I know there is going to be someone in the house that day

Might be an option for you in the short-term

Advertisement