Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Debate - #4 Is Die Hard - A Christmas Movie - Yippki-YAY or Yippki-NAY?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

^ an action films attempt at "santa down the chimney"? :rolleyes:

Nooooooo peoples, this is :eek: no a Christmas film.

05443ca538d1089de312550d5a71b4a872f967cc8136403ae361ae446d8a6386.jpg

Die Hard with a Lethal Weapon? .....not seasonal wishes of peace, joy and cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yippki-NAY
    Die Hard 1 gets watched on Christmas Eve Eve.
    Die Hard 2 gets watched on Christmas Eve.

Both close with this as the credits begin to roll

I rest my case :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yippki-NAY
    Deja Boo wrote: »
    Die Hard with a Lethal Weapon? .....not seasonal wishes of peace, joy and cheer.

Eh, it doesn’t get much more seasonal than ‘ho ho ho now I have a machine gun.’

Plus SPOILER ALERT it has a happy ending so it’s full of Christmas cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yippki-NAY
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Die Hard 1 gets watched on Christmas Eve Eve.
    Die Hard 2 gets watched on Christmas Eve.

Both close with this as the credits begin to roll

I rest my case :P

BOOM! Head shot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I know I'm not helping the Nay cause here but....
    Scrooged (which is a classic christmas movie) started with Lee Majors saving Santa at the North Pole from terrorist attack... so you can have violence & Christmas in the one movie... ;)

But I stand by my opinion that just because its set at Christmas time doesnt make it a Christmas movie... :D

I suspect I'll be outnumbered on this poll however.... heathens the lot of you!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yippki-NAY
    It's of no surprise the winner is... Yippki-YAY Die Hard with 79% of the Vote IS a Christmas Movie.

Interestingly enough there was the same poll ran in America for a year and Yippki-YAY only won with a 60/40 split, so we're not as narrow margined as that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yippki-NAY
    The right decision was made. :cool:

Advertisement