Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pay by weight charges - Ray Whelan

Options
  • 01-10-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭

The new pay by weight charges are kicking in today. As the price you pay is dictated by the weight of the rubbish you put out, is there a facility on Ray Whelan's site to see how heavy your bins have been previously?

It's kind of hard to figure out the best option when you don't know the weight of your bins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I got a txt from Ray Whelan with a link to an app and logon details for it which showed the weights lifted since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

tommycahir wrote: »
    I got a txt from Ray Whelan with a link to an app and logon details for it which showed the weights lifted since last year.

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

mines going back about 3 years the weights, it's really interesting and gives a good idea which option to use in terms of payment.

for us it's compost is the heaviest, then recycling then rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Checked the weights of my bins for the last 2 months. Rubbish was about 20kg per lift although once it was 47kg. That doesn't sound right.

Recycling is in about the 7kg. Don't have a compost bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A question on the Pay by Weight in general..

Do people know if Whelan's and other operators are offering the special bin locks to stop people dumping there rubbish in your bins at night when they are out for pick up?

• Advertisement

A question on the Pay by Weight in general..

Do people know if Whelan's and other operators are offering the special bin locks to stop people dumping there rubbish in your bins at night when they are out for pick up?

My missus asked me last night what is stopping people from putting stuff into our bin on the sly. Didn't know that there was some sort of bin lock.

You'll see a marked increase in the amount of fly-tipping in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

tommycahir wrote: »

I got that text too, logged in but no history, very little info actually except making a payment?

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I got that text too, logged in but no history, very little info actually except making a payment?

Then click the three bars up at the top left hand corner of the screen. A new menu should appear.

Click on the pic of the truck (Lifts). That will show the weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

BattleCorp wrote: »

Then click the three bars up at the top left hand corner of the screen. A new menu should appear.

Click on the pic of the truck (Lifts). That will show the weights.

Done all that, the Calander thing is blank.
    I've emailed them, I'll see what they say, from the reviews of the app I don't seem to be the only one with this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You'll see a marked increase in the amount of fly-tipping in the next few months.

I've already notices people bringing bags of rubbish to the little bins out on the street!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BabyWillis

Anyone else’s bin weights not coming up on the app for the last two weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Mine are showing ok under the Lifts menu item but not under the lift Stats section

Just checked my Ray Whelan app. All the collection weights are there, both recycling and waste since August right up to the day before yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭BabyWillis

This weeks are up but still missing the two weeks from the 5th to the 19th of November.

BabyWillis wrote: »
    This weeks are up but still missing the two weeks from the 5th to the 19th of November.

Looks like they didn't collect your bins that week so. Free bins for those two weeks so. :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement