Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wooden floors

• 01-10-2018 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi. I am buying my first home and would like to buy some wooden semi solid wooden floors or bamboo flooring for the sitting room and hall. Can anyone tell me where I might get either of these at cheap price as I am on a budget.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Payton

andydurnin wrote: »
    Hi. I am buying my first home and would like to buy some wooden semi solid wooden floors or bamboo flooring for the sitting room and hall. Can anyone tell me where I might get either of these at cheap price as I am on a budget.
    Where are you based and are you going to install them yourself of get a company to supply and fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭andydurnin

Payton wrote: »
    Where are you based and are you going to install them yourself of get a company to supply and fit?

I am based in Drogheda and will need someone to lay them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Check out wooden floor warehouse in Belfast, I got laminate for 3 bedrooms and they were considerably cheaper than other places I checked.

They were recommended to me by friends.

I’m planning on laying it myself and made the trip up to collect so may not suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭andydurnin

amcalester wrote: »
    Check out wooden floor warehouse in Belfast, I got laminate for 3 bedrooms and they were considerably cheaper than other places I checked.

They were recommended to me by friends.

I’m planning on laying it myself and made the trip up to collect so may not suit you.

Do they lay them for you of do they charge for delivery. Did you buy online or in short?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

andydurnin wrote: »
    Do they lay them for you of do they charge for delivery. Did you buy online or in short?

I bought online but I’d already visited the shop and picked the laminate I wanted a few months ago. Only bought online to esnsure the order was in-stock.

They do deliver, not sure how much it costs though, we wanted to spend the day in Belfast anyway so delivery wasn’t an issue.

I don’t know if they lay it, doubt it, I think it’s a pile ‘em high and sell ‘em cheap operation though they seem to be good quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement