Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel2Be refund

Options
  • 01-10-2018 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me on this.

I booked a trip with British Airways via this crowd.

I have been trying to reach someone to seek redress as I had to book new flights due to their mistake.

I have wrote to them 3 times over the last month and I still have not heard back.

I have called them and they keep saying that I have to deal with British Airways yet my contract is with them.

I have contacted British Airways and I am awaiting them to get back to me also but I think British Airways will point me to Travel2Be as my contract is with them.

What is the best way to move forward.

The flights were pretty expensive

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

What was "their mistake", and did you try rectify it with them first and what was their response?

Based on the above info hard to advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

I was travelling to Vietnam and after my Visa was granted I noticed name on the Visa did not match my passport name even tho I had submitted a copy of my passport.

I had tried to amend this in time however I was not successful.

I called the travel agent Travel2Be and they informed me that I would not be able to fly.

They also informed my as my flight was an outbound flight and I was not flying out on it, I would not be able to return on the same booking even tho the tickets are booked.

I called BA and they informed me of the same.

After getting the amended Visa granted I booked new flights.

Fast forward 4 weeks later on the week of when i was due to return from the original booking I received an email from BA reminding me to check in.

I called BA and after some time they told me that I was eligible to fly home and should have been informed to purchase a second flight home.

So basically I was miss-informed and forced to buy a new flight when in fact this should not have occurred.

I have wrote to both parties for redress on the new flight purchased as it was unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Unfortunately you wont have much comeback with them. I would say you were misinformed the second time. Generally (with 99% of airlines including BA) if you don't take the first leg of your journey, the rest of the ticket is invalidated.

Either way unfortunately liability would sit with yourself. You chose to book other flights. You had your visa incorrect (I know you say you sent the correct details but its on you to ensure that you have the valid travel document regardless)
    "Your ticket is valid only for the transportation shown on it from the place of departure through an agreed stopping point to the final destination and the fare you have paid is based on that routing. We will not honor that ticket and it will no longer be valid if you do not use the coupons in the sequence provided."

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/customer-service-and-contingency-planning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Unfortunately you wont have much comeback with them. I would say you were misinformed the second time. Generally (with 99% of airlines including BA) if you don't take the first leg of your journey, the rest of the ticket is invalidated.

Either way unfortunately liability would sit with yourself. You chose to book other flights. You had your visa incorrect (I know you say you sent the correct details but its on you to ensure that you have the valid travel document regardless)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/customer-service-and-contingency-planning

I took them at their word when they told me I couldnt fly back. There was no choice in the matter really.. However when I called after getting the alert on my phone they told me I was in fact ok to fly. I outlined all that happened and they appologosed told me that the flight was still available if I wanted to take it and if not to raise a case with them asap when I get back.,

Advertisement