Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Vs Munster buildup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ross Byrne was a deserving motm but for me James Ryan was the best player in that pitch. Everything he does is just exceptional. He tackles hard, carries strongly, rucks like a demon and gets around the pitch quickly to do it all again. He's world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Weepsie wrote: »
    It really Didn't look like he was tackled at all. But I guess there was enough contact to put him off.

The law is such that a try was probable if the action didn't occur. Earls clipped Lowe a fraction before he touched the ball. It's impossible to say whether he'd have gathered the ball or not but the ref deemed it probable. Further to that, it was a high tackle. Below image is before Lowe has touched the ball.

Pentry_zpslgsh3guz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Buer wrote: »
    The law is such that a try was probable if the action didn't occur. Earls clipped Lowe a fraction before he touched the ball. It's impossible to say whether he'd have gathered the ball or not but the ref deemed it probable. Further to that, it was a high tackle. Below image is before Lowe has touched the ball.

Pentry_zpslgsh3guz.jpg

Marcus Horan thinks it was harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Delicious red tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Earls was offside. If it wasn't a deliberate knock on, it was certainly a knock on and would have been a penalty due to Earls' role regardless.

Earls wasn't offside though...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BomgjKMFJD4/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

It actually looked like Henshaw passes the ball off the side of Arnold's face as he goes to tackle him.

Anyway, Muster can take alot of positives from the game, they played some good rugby in a good contest. Leinster were that bit more clincal with Lowe the difference between the sides. Joey looks a nice playmaker on the ball, himslef and Murray can make a class half back duo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Is James Lowe really “poison”?

Carbery or Byrne?

Speaking of Beirne, how good was he?

Did Leinster get the rub of the ref?

VDF > Leavy?

Was that Cronins best display off the bench for Munster?

Will I go to sleep tonight with Liam Tolands dulcet tones and “phenomenal”, “amazing”, “test match” ringing in my ears?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Marcus Horan thinks it was harsh.

A Munster man thinks something that went against Munster was harsh.

He caught Lowe off the ball, giving him no chance of catching the ball for what would have been a certain try if he did.

I don’t care if a former player thinks it’s harsh. If the roles are reversed and Earls gets taken out you call blue murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

letowski wrote: »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BomgjKMFJD4/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

It actually looked like Henshaw passes the ball off the side of Arnold's face as he goes to tackle him.

Anyway, Muster can take alot of positives from the game, they played some good rugby in a good contest. Leinster were that bit more clincal with Lowe the difference between the sides. Joey looks a nice playmaker on the ball, himslef and Murray can make a class half back duo.

But if it came off Arnold’s face he’s still offside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I think if anything it's indicative of the low ebb Munster have reached.

This time ten years ago, they were the defending HEC champions, unquestionably the best Irish team and being talked about as being on the way to being one of the greatest of all time in Europe alongside Toulouse and the 02/03 era Leicester.

The beat Leinster 22-5 in Thomond in April 2009, but realistically they've been in decline since that day.
    They're a shadow of the team that once terrorised the five metre lines of Europe with scrums, mauls and unending phases of one-out hit-ups and recycling.

I would agree with Rob Kearney in that the derby has lost it's bite. This is what, the seventh Leinster win out of the last eight matches? Since the day of that 22-5 victory, Leinster have walked out winners in 17 of the 23 matches.

But not only is it a one-sided affair results wise, the games are completely predictable.
    Munster will run out buzzing like angry wasps, commit fouls, go for big hits and make a nuisance of themselves and run Leinster close.
    (Munster have received about twice the number of cards and shipped a huge number of penalties, and have had a rake of players facing bans and citations after the matches that you can find details on should you so desire)

Donal Lenihan will say they did the province proud running around like that and keeping Leinster honest, the fans will say "we nearly had them that time" and blame the ref, and the whole thing repeats in six months with a single Munster win in every 3-5 games to paper over the cracks.

They've also changed from being a "Munster" team to being an Irish development team, with only 13 of the 23 tonight being locals who played underage rugby in Munster. A Leinster fan looking at Ian Keatley, Joey Carbery, Tadgh Beirne doesn't see a team of 'rivals' just their own guys that they were cheering on last season.
    (It doesn't really work the other way, with guys like Cronin and Nagle, or even someone like Eoin Reddan, never really being anything other than fringe Munster players)
    Add in the various English guys with Irish grannies currently plying their trade in the southern province, and the Ulster imports in the squad all bundled on top of the standard rake of NIEs that every province has, it just doesn't feel like a team of its own anymore.

The decline of Munster has eroded the Leinster/Munster rivalry. Whereas once upon a time, it was the game of the season and an event to rival international matches (82,000 in Croke Park!) now Ulster have re-established themselves as a genuine force and are arguably the #2 team on the island ahead of Munster, and even Connacht have come on massively and can now go toe-to-toe with the other three.

He absolutely is offside...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Faugheen wrote: »
    He absolutely is offside...

Yeah fair enough, he did look offside from second viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Pretty classless from Lowe when Leinster were awarded the penalty that took the margin back out to 8.

He looks offside to me, albeit only marginally.

Earls_zpsdbbqlzsq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

This time ten years ago, they were the defending HEC champions, unquestionably the best Irish team and being talked about as being on the way to being one of the greatest of all time in Europe alongside Toulouse and the 02/03 era Leicester.

The beat Leinster 22-5 in Thomond in April 2009, but realistically they've been in decline since that day.
    They're a shadow of the team that once terrorised the five metre lines of Europe with scrums, mauls and unending phases of one-out hit-ups and recycling.

I would agree with Rob Kearney in that the derby has lost it's bite. This is what, the seventh Leinster win out of the last eight matches? Since the day of that 22-5 victory, Leinster have walked out winners in 17 of the 23 matches.

But not only is it a one-sided affair results wise, the games are completely predictable.
    Munster will run out buzzing like angry wasps, commit fouls, go for big hits and make a nuisance of themselves and run Leinster close.
    (Munster have received about twice the number of cards and shipped a huge number of penalties, and have had a rake of players facing bans and citations after the matches that you can find details on should you so desire)

Donal Lenihan will say they did the province proud running around like that and keeping Leinster honest, the fans will say "we nearly had them that time" and blame the ref, and the whole thing repeats in six months with a single Munster win in every 3-5 games to paper over the cracks.

They've also changed from being a "Munster" team to being an Irish development team, with only 13 of the 23 tonight being locals who played underage rugby in Munster. A Leinster fan looking at Ian Keatley, Joey Carbery, Tadgh Beirne doesn't see a team of 'rivals' just their own guys that they were cheering on last season.
    (It doesn't really work the other way, with guys like Cronin and Nagle, or even someone like Eoin Reddan, never really being anything other than fringe Munster players)
    Add in the various English guys with Irish grannies currently plying their trade in the southern province, and the Ulster imports in the squad all bundled on top of the standard rake of NIEs that every province has, it just doesn't feel like a team of its own anymore.

The decline of Munster has eroded the Leinster/Munster rivalry. Whereas once upon a time, it was the game of the season and an event to rival international matches (82,000 in Croke Park!) now Ulster have re-established themselves as a genuine force and are arguably the #2 team on the island ahead of Munster, and even Connacht have come on massively and can now go toe-to-toe with the other three.

you should stick to football

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭iminterestd0

it's always the refs fault.

1 out of 12.

mystic86 wrote: »
    Pretty classless from Lowe when Leinster were awarded the penalty that took the margin back out to 8.

Pretty classless of the entire province of Munster to not just take their beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Akrasia wrote: »
    FFS. That's the worst call I've ever seen
    That deliberate knock on was a nonsense call.
    No, sorry Mr Earls..you're not allowed run all the way and score...ffs

That's because he was offside. Arnold knocked the ball forward in the tackle and Keet picked it up in front. Penalty was the right call but for the wrong reason.

swiwi_ wrote: »

Carbery or Byrne?

Speaking of Beirne, how good was he?

VDF > Leavy?

I was always more of a Byrne fan. Tonight didn't change that. Very little between them and I don't think Byrne was MOTM but he was very solid and composed as well as being rock solid in defence. Carbery adds a spark but doesn't commit the defence enough to fully utilise that. He had a couple of slight errors but nothing significant. I think his natural instinct to run is fantastic but also gets him into trouble against better sides. He was hammered in contact a couple of times tonight including one turnover penalty at a critical moment. Possibly fortunate not to have a 7 pointer when Lowe couldn't gather a risky pass. He was decent overall, though. He'll grow into the role and can only improve with game time. I hope people are aware that it's going to take a good while for him to really deliver on his talent though.

Byrne is a far more steady, unflashy player but he does what he does well and his error count is very low. Right now, I feel that Carbery will give you a highlight reel but Byrne will give you a trophy.

Beirne was excellent. Complete pain at the breakdown. He'll have much more joy against other sides. Leinster know his game very well by now and target him. That was by far his most energised showing since returning from Wales. Hopefully it becomes the standard showing.

VDF over Leavy all day. Leavy is all action but he's also more error prone. I just don't see VDF knocking that ball on or being bounced by Goggin. VDF would have had him down by the bootlaces. There's an argument for playing both but I think Ruddock had a fine night and deserves to start with VDF and Conan next week. It's going to be very rough on which back row player misses out on the 23.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭iminterestd0

I was always more of a Byrne fan. Tonight didn't change that. Very little between them and I don't think Byrne was MOTM but he was very solid and composed as well as being rock solid in defence. Carbery adds a spark but doesn't commit the defence enough to fully utilise that. He had a couple of slight errors but nothing significant. I think his natural instinct to run is fantastic but also gets him into trouble against better sides. He was hammered in contact a couple of times tonight including one turnover penalty at a critical moment. Possibly fortunate not to have a 7 pointer when Lowe couldn't gather a risky pass.

Byrne is a far more steady, unflashy player but he does what he does well and his error count is very low. Right now, I feel that Carbery will give you a highlight reel but Byrne will give you a trophy.

Beirne was excellent. Complete pain at the breakdown. He'll have much more joy against other sides. Leinster know his game very well by now and target him. That was by far his most energised showing since returning from Wales. Hopefully it becomes the standard showing.

VDF over Leavy all day. Leavy is all action but he's also more error prone. I just don't see VDF knocking that ball on or being bounced by Goggin. VDF would have had him down by the bootlaces. There's an argument for playing both but I think Ruddock had a fine night and deserves to start with VDF and Conan next week. It's going to be very rough on which back row player misses out on the 23.

it was essentially leavys 1st game of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

I was always more of a Byrne fan. Tonight didn't change that. Very little between them and I don't think Byrne was MOTM but he was very solid and composed as well as being rock solid in defence. Carbery adds a spark but doesn't commit the defence enough to fully utilise that. He had a couple of slight errors but nothing significant. I think his natural instinct to run is fantastic but also gets him into trouble against better sides. He was hammered in contact a couple of times tonight including one turnover penalty at a critical moment. Possibly fortunate not to have a 7 pointer when Lowe couldn't gather a risky pass. He was decent overall, though. He'll grow into the role and can only improve with game time. I hope people are aware that it's going to take a good while for him to really deliver on his talent though.

what trophy will byrne give you ?

jacothelad wrote: »
    Akrasia wrote: »
    FFS. That's the worst call I've ever seen
    That deliberate knock on was a nonsense call.
    No, sorry Mr Earls..you're not allowed run all the way and score...ffs

That's because he was offside. Arnold knoked the ball forward in the tackle and keet picked it up in front. Penalty was the right call but for the wrong reason.

It was only afterwards that I noticed Earls was offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

And it was totally irrelevant

Go on, I'll bite.

How was it irrelevant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Please explain?

Offside is offside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Keep taking the anti=bewilderment meds. That made me laugh but with a great deal of sad cynicism behind it. Ulster are scraping the bottom of the barrell. The mismanagement over the last 6 or more years is criminal. It has stripped away almost any semblence of identity. I suppose Eric O'Sullivan, Rob Herring, Hond. V.D.M., Alan O'Connor, Treadwell, Jordie Murphy, Timoney. Coetzee, Deysel, Reidy, Cooney, Shanahan, Burns, McPhillips, Ludik, Addison etc are all part of a 'local team for local people.':D

Looking at a replay of Leinster's first try. Nailed on pen try and can't see how Nations could argue against it.

Earls cost Munster 14 points.

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    what trophy will byrne give you ?

He already gave us the Pro14 title having started 17 of the 23 games last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Mod: Several warnings issued. Folks personal abuse is not permitted. Neither is trolling. Anyone considered to be deliberately winding up other posters will be carded. Cut it out now.

Just in from the game, haven't had a chance to read through the thread so before my thoughts on the game get polluted by all the chatter:

James Lowe was clear man of the match, out of the 46 players involved on the two team sheets he was playing like he had the most skin in the game. Was petulant, aggressive and immense.

Jack McGrath looks quite unfit. He was struggling from 10 minutes in and look around 4 - 5 games away from match fitness. I actually wonder if he is hitting his markers as he looked well off the boil.

Leinster's scrum malfunctioned. I don't particularly rate Munster's set piece and I'd be more inclined to wonder where Leinster's difficulties came from. Seemed to be a tighthead issue throughout but I didn't have the best view of most of the scrums.

POM and SOB gave no quarter, never left each other alone at the breakdown - was a right show from the pair of them. Stander went well, Ryan went well. Thought Leavy carried purposefully.

Carbery just creates time out of thin air on the ball. Mark of a top 10. He took a lot of punishment and glad to see him get on with it, he's become more robust from seasons past. Thought Ross Byrne was good, not necessarily better but he gave his pack more forgiving ball and his kicking was impressive. I'll need to read back on why he got MOTM as I feel I missed something in the performance, there were better performances though he steered the ship capably. Kinda almost felt like it was a statement based around the narrative between him and Carbery. Who awarded it?

Earls yellow felt harsh but understandable. Wasn't sure why his intercept try was called back. Some of the TMO decisions were very obvious from where I was sitting.

Whitehouse has an issue making decisions when the ball isn't coming out of the breakdown and he get's it wrong often because he gives to the team in possession. He ignored his linesman on one such incident when he clearly didn't know why the ball wasn't coming back.

Munster have no faith in their 9's outside Murray. Mathewson was crocked for a good 15 minutes before he came off. Managed to score a try during that time but still.

Big game, lot's of physicality. Leinster dominated the collisions for 20 minutes at the start of the game and 20 minutes at the start of the first half but outside of that went way too within themselves and gifted Munster a way back into the game. They also found far too much space in Munsters back field - Sexton would have crucified them.

Munster's attack still looks blunt, lot of kicking when they failed to make ground through multiple phases.

Enjoyable game, atmosphere was grand but there was very little by way of travelling support.

Healy and VDF both made big impacts on the game when they came on.

Wasps and Exeter will learn a lot about both teams from watching that back - Leinster vulnerable in the scrum potentially and Munster can't break down a solid defence.

Onto Europe!

• Advertisement

Just in from the game, haven't had a chance to read through the thread so before my thoughts on the game get polluted by all the chatter:

James Lowe was clear man of the match, out of the 46 players involved on the two team sheets he was playing like he had the most skin in the game. Was petulant, aggressive and immense.

Jack McGrath looks quite unfit. He was struggling from 10 minutes in and look around 4 - 5 games away from match fitness. I actually wonder if he is hitting his markers as he looked well off the boil.

Leinster's scrum malfunctioned. I don't particularly rate Munster's set piece and I'd be more inclined to wonder where Leinster's difficulties came from. Seemed to be a tighthead issue throughout but I didn't have the best view of most of the scrums.

POM and SOB gave no quarter, never left each other alone at the breakdown - was a right show from the pair of them. Stander went well, Ryan went well. Thought Leavy carried purposefully.

Carbery just creates time out of thin air on the ball. Mark of a top 10. He took a lot of punishment and glad to see him get on with it, he's become more robust from seasons past. Thought Ross Byrne was good, not necessarily better but he gave his pack more forgiving ball and his kicking was impressive. I'll need to read back on why he got MOTM as I feel I missed something in the performance, there were better performances though he steered the ship capably.

Earls yellow felt harsh but understandable. Wasn't sure why his intercept try was called back. Some of the TMO decisions were very obvious from where I was sitting.

Whitehouse has an issue making decisions when the ball isn't coming out of the breakdown and he get's it wrong often because he gives to the team in possession. He ignored his linesman on one such incident when he clearly didn't know why the ball wasn't coming back.

Munster have no faith in their 9's outside Murray. Mathewson was crocked for a good 15 minutes before he came off. Managed to score a try during that time but still.

Big game, lot's of physicality. Leinster dominated the collisions for 20 minutes at the start of the game and 20 minutes at the start of the first half but outside of that went way to within themselves and gifted Munster a way back into the game. They also found far too much space in Munsters back field - Sexton would have crucified them.

Munster's attack still looks blunt, lot of kicking when they failed to make ground through multiple phases.

Enjoyable game, atmosphere was grand but there was very little by way of travelling support.

Healy and VDF both made big impacts on the game when they came on.

Wasps and Exeter will learn a lot about both teams from watching that back - Leinster vulnerable in the scrum potentially and Munster can't break down a solid defence.

Onto Europe!

Have a look at POM binds at scrums. He had his arm around the THs right thigh.

Venjur you'll only need one take away from this thread.

It was the referees fault.

Have a look at POM binds at scrums. He had his arm around the THs right thigh.

I didn't notice, but if that's the case then Bent / Porter should have had Ruddock in the ref's ear about it.

Not sold on Whitehouse as a ref. I can only summarise my feelings by saying I don't think he has the temperament for a job that sometimes requires you to acknowledge your initial thoughts may have been mistaken.

Go on, I'll bite.

How was it irrelevant?

He wasn't penalised for offside...the fact we find out after a wrong call that he may have been offside...well... sorry, but that has nothing to do with the penalty... trying to claim that getting something right by accident is a good result...well sorry, but it's just another poor call

Clegg wrote: »
    Venjur you'll only need one take away from this thread.

It was the referees fault.

As I just commented, I don't have a major issue with Whitehouse, I just think overall he is an average ref who calls things as he thinks they might be and isn't inclined to be seen to second guess.

He wasn't penalised for offside...the fact we find out after a wrong call that he may have been offside...well... sorry, but that has nothing to do with the penalty... trying to claim that getting something right by accident is a good result...well sorry, but it's just another poor call

But he was offside, and as a result is a Leinster penalty.

The call was wrong, the outcome was correct.

What’s your point here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

He already gave us the Pro14 title having started 17 of the 23 games last season.

We should start seeing more from him soon though. Good kicking today and very solid but he needs to start getting a bit flatter and create more for his backs.

I don’t think he will ever be at the level Sexton is at. When Sexton got his chance he took it and looked the better out half than the world class player he replaced.

I’m watching the game again.

Two of those Munster penalties in the scrum were partly as a result of POMs bind, as well as the shove on the build up to their try.

How did nobody in the Leinster pack notice this was going on?

I’m watching the game again.

Two of those Munster penalties in the scrum were partly as a result of POMs bind, as well as the shove on the build up to their try.

How did nobody in the Leinster pack notice this was going on?

I think Ruddock said it to Whitehouse after the 2nd scrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We should start seeing more from him soon though. Good kicking today and very solid but he needs to start getting a bit flatter and create more for his backs.

I don’t think he will ever be at the level Sexton is at. When Sexton got his chance he took it and looked the better out half than the world class player he replaced.

I mean, Sexton is one of the best players ever produced on this island. Be very hard to match up to him. Byrne is coming along just nicely imo.

• Advertisement

What’s your point here?

The call was wrong... everything else afterwards is fruit if the poisoned tree...lots of maybes and conjecture.

No-one who watched the game thinks the better team lost.... but anyone who thinks the scoreline wasnt affected by piss-poor officiating is either high or drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Pretty classless of the entire province of Munster to not just take their beating.

:confused:

The call was wrong... everything else afterwards is fruit if the poisoned tree...lots of maybes and conjecture.

No-one who watched the game thinks the better team lost.... but anyone who thinks the scoreline wasnt affected by piss-poor officiating is either high or drunk

It could be argued the scoreline was affected for both teams then.

Arnold stuck a shoulder into Lowe. Just before Stander try. Potentially a Leinster penalty

POM binding is illegal in scrums that Mathewson and Stander scored from

The penalty given under the posts which led to the 4 scrums, POM had SoB in a headlock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

The reaction, from in fairness a minority of Munster fans in here is ludicrous. The poster who thinks that Munster would have won by 15 with any other ref needs to start taking their meds.

A major issue I had with the series of scrums in the build up to Mathewson’s try was, on the second or third scrum, Munster got another penalty. They had pushed Leinster back a good two or three meters, but the ball hadn’t been fed into the scrum yet. That’s a free kick to Leinster.

I thought Munster were fairly lucky to come away with as many points as they did, and deservedly left with nothing. They were some good performances but I thought Carbery’s decision making at times was very poor, and I have no idea why they had decided that high kicks to Lowe and Kearney were a good tactic. I don’t think they won a single aeriel challenge against either of them.

What’s your point here?

So you think Earls' try should have stood then?

If you don't think so, then this conversation is irrelevant.

And if you want to talk about the scoreline, let's talk about POM's illegal binding in the scrums that helped lead to that try in the second half. So yeah, poor officiating did lead to the scoreline being much closer.

Take your beating. Stop crying about a decision that resulted in the correct outcome and just accept that Munster came up short again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ah it's great to see a bit of needle and pashun in the thread, the build-up wasn't the same without it. I mean, it's all nonsense but sure that's half the fun.

Whitehouse was grand, he got all the big calls right. Maybe he could have gone for the penalty try for Munster but since Mathewson scored anyway, it had no impact on the game.

Thought Ross Byrne was an odd choice for MOTM, he played well but surely Lowe deserved it more?

It could be argued the scoreline was affected for both teams then.

Arnold stuck a shoulder into Lowe. Just before Stander try. Potentially a Leinster penalty

POM binding is illegal in scrums that Mathewson and Stander scored from

The penalty given under the posts which led to the 4 scrums, POM had SoB in a headlock

Penalty and yellow card for Arnold. He absolutely leathered his exposed back.

So you think Earls' try should have stood then?

If you don't think so, then this conversation is irrelevant.

And if you want to talk about the scoreline, let's talk about POM's illegal binding in the scrums that helped lead to that try in the second half. So yeah, poor officiating did lead to the scoreline being much closer.

Take your beating. Stop crying about a decision that resulted in the correct outcome and just accept that Munster came up short again.

My only beef is the poor officiating, the rest of your post is all your own creation I'm afraid.

Ah it's great to see a bit of needle and pashun in the thread, the build-up wasn't the same without it. I mean, it's all nonsense but sure that's half the fun.

Whitehouse was grand, he got all the big calls right. Maybe he could have gone for the penalty try for Munster but since Mathewson scored anyway, it had no impact on the game.

Thought Ross Byrne was an odd choice for MOTM, he played well but surely Lowe deserved it more?

Byrne nailed his kicks. Made huge difference on the scoreboard throughout. Think it was a fair call

• Advertisement

My only beef is the poor officiating, the rest of your post is all your own creation I'm afraid.

Do you think Earls' should have been allowed continue and his try been given?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement