Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hernia operations

Options
  • 01-10-2018 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭

Who does (medical card) hernia operations in Galway?

Is it Bon Secours ,University Hospital Galway....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't know if you have spoken to a GP but they should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭amandstu

He has booked me an operation. I wondered where he would have booked it(and I don't want to waste his time by just going back in to ask him that)

I want to know how long a waiting list there is at the moment as I haven't heard back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

amandstu wrote: »
    He has booked me an operation. I wondered where he would have booked it(and I don't want to waste his time by just going back in to ask him that)

I want to know how long a waiting list there is at the moment as I haven't heard back yet.

Should be able to tell you over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

amandstu wrote: »

Ring up and his secretary will tell you.
    Most likely UCHG I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Op, if you're having the operation in Bon Secours, please be aware that it is a private hospital, and, unless you have private health insurance, you will get a hefty bill that could exceed €2k:eek:. I had a relatively minor procedure of cartilage removal from my knee carried out on early this century. Luckily I had VHI at the time and paid via them. When I got the account note from VHI, it was €2.1k they had paid to the Bons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Selenophile

If you are medical card holder, and without private health insurance, your GP knows that and will refer you to UCHG. However, waiting lists in Galway are endless. That is why they started referring patients on that waiting list to other hospitals, this summer.

I know a person, that also waited for hernia intervention in Galway for more than two years, but was at called this summer and offered intervention in Sligo and Castlebar. After that initial phone call, she was seen by consultant in a few weeks time and intervention was scheduled in few weeks after that visit. She was even asked to pick a date !

Advertisement