Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleague's Habit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

DeccyJ wrote: »
    This is not huge stuff or anything but my colleague (sits right next to me) has this habit (when I say habit, I mean every minute of every day, generally speaking).

He jitters his legs up and down at 90 miles an hour. By this I mean he bounces his heel off the ground by about an inch or two while the ball of his foot stays put on the floor. He does this at a rate of about 7 times a second (just tried it myself in an attempt to quantify it). He does this on both feet, all day, except for when he's moving around.

This also makes a noise, I reckon from the fabric of his trousers and maybe rubbing off the edge of the seat too.

It is absolutely infuriating. Does anyone have any idea how this should be approached? Our company actively encourages diversity so I'm not sure how requesting him to stop would appear.

I used to work with a guy who did the same, he was a friend so I was comfortable enough telling him to STFU and stop doing that - which he tried his best to do.

Turned out he had a serious drug problem and the shakes where a result of that (he told me in confidence over some beers)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

DeccyJ wrote: »
    Oh dear.

I also do this about once a day at work. it's more natural than scratching my head! I actually have to put my hand on my knee to stop me or my leg gets tired after about 5mins, but I only do it one leg at a time :cool:

My opinion is buy better headphones or move desk !

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your colleague is sexually frustrated. Ride em or take em out to find someone who will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Update required.

Hows this leg jiggering going exactly 1 year and 1 day later?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

He's dug his way to Austrailia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/restless-legs-syndrome/

Might be something else. Who knows.

Advertisement