Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bags/trailer loads of Turf or Briquettes

Options
  • 01-10-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

What is better value ?

Should be the turf, I'd say but I can't say for sure...

Much in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It all depends on what are you getting the turf for? Then it's easy to compare the 2 prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The rough turf would be cheaper but I found the briquettes better value in the long run, for the heat and the length of time the load lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭amandstu

Del2005 wrote: »
    It all depends on what are you getting the turf for? Then it's easy to compare the 2 prices.
    An open fire. Not so much worried about the actual heat tbh as the room is a bit draughty.

That might swing it in favour of the turf .But I know they burn differently and so I would get some briquettes as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭amandstu

The rough turf would be cheaper but I found the briquettes better value in the long run, for the heat and the length of time the load lasted.
    Never heard of loads of briquettes. Are they any cheaper in quantity?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

amandstu wrote: »
    Never heard of loads of briquettes. Are they any cheaper in quantity?

There's no price quoted but the BNM website says you can buy loose briquettes by the tonne. I don't know if that option is available from coal & fuel merchants, you might have to go the factory in Littleton or Derrinlough....

https://www.bordnamonafuels.ie/product/peat-briquettes-coal-stove-fuel/peat-briquettes/loose-briquettes

• Advertisement
Advertisement