Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current (Oct 18) parking in Kent Station

Options
  • 01-10-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been using the car park at the train station recently, and how busy it is? I tried to book parking online today for later in the week but you can't do it currently - apparently as part of it is closed due to works so spaces are limited. So you have to arrive, get a spot if available, and then book it - not ideal when you're catching a 7am train! Anyone know if it's really busy currently, or if I should be OK for a spot?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I arrive there about 730-745 every morning via bicycle and it never, ever looks like there is space anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I arrive there about 730-745 every morning via bicycle and it never, ever looks like there is space anywhere.

Is that just the car park at the front of the station, or them all? I'd be aiming for the Horgans Quay one at about 6.30....

Is that just the car park at the front of the station, or them all? I'd be aiming for the Horgans Quay one at about 6.30....

Sorry just the two at the front, I will try and have a look at the one on Horgans Quay tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You'll be okay on the Horgan's Quay side at that time. They took away the prebooking option due to how busy the place is as there were complaints about no spaces being available after ppl pre-booked.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You'll be okay on the Horgan's Quay side at that time. They took away the prebooking option due to how busy the place is as there were complaints about no spaces being available after ppl pre-booked.

Cheers. Not sure if they've blocked off another part of the carpark or what, but I've never had an issue getting parking in Horgan's Quay, and I prebooked online there only a few weeks ago. If it's got tighter though it's far from ideal - what do you do if there's no spots and the train is waiting?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Frequently park at about 6:30 during the week in the Horgan's Quay carpark without any issue tbh. I've never booked it online. I think you would be okay at that time tbh. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

The overflow car park on Railway Street was closed in August because it's part of the new development going in around the station. Used to be able to get a spot there up to nearly 9am, I'd say that closure is what's filling the others earlier. Sorry OP, I'm no help on whether it'd be full at that hour though.

That's great, thanks guys. I'll chance me arm!

That's great, thanks guys. I'll chance me arm!

How did you fare out

How did you fare out

It's Thursday I'm going! Passed Horgan's Quay about 8 this morning and it looked full......have never seen that before.

• Advertisement

Tried to park there yesterday (not for train?) and it was beyond full - cars on footpaths, yellow lines etc. Arrived this morning about 6.30 and it was fine though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Tried to park there yesterday (not for train?) and it was beyond full - cars on footpaths, yellow lines etc. Arrived this morning about 6.30 and it was fine though!

Yeah the parking there is atrocious. The other day there were cars parked outside the white lines on the roads in the car park blocking the whole place up. Some people just don't give a shiite.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Yeah the parking there is atrocious. The other day there were cars parked outside the white lines on the roads in the car park blocking the whole place up. Some people just don't give a shiite.

Same today, but it's obviously being done with the blessing of Irish Rail as the carpark operators APCOA are not known for their tolerance of violations when there's a fine to be had!

Advertisement