Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexifi - anyone used them to buy a bike yet?

Options
  • 01-10-2018 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at using them to buy a bike for between 1-2k has anyone used them yet?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

I'd never heard of them. They look costly. I did a rough calc with AIB and Credit Union and both were cheaper.

€1500 over 24 months.

Flexifi €1730
    AIB €1630
    Credit Union €1650

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The only benefit to them is if it is something you desperately need and your credit is not great for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't go down that route myself. If a bank will give you a loan, most have no penalties for wrapping up early either, so that would be my recommendation, as circler said, it makes more sense, and to be honest, bar a few noted circumstances, if the bank refuse such a small loan, maybe it is not a good time to get one.

Advertisement