Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming lessons/coach limerick

• 01-10-2018 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Several threads on this over the years so i said id start another one :P

Looking for lessons/coach in limerick. I currently swim in castletroy park and can knock out 2km in the pool without stopping.

I have all the grace of a wet badger though.

I'm looking for someone to refine my technique and id prefer if it was in deep water as opposed to a hotel pool.

I'm hoping to progress to open water next year.

Suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dashoonage wrote: »

Looking for lessons/coach in limerick. I currently swim in castletroy park and can knock out 2km in the pool without stopping.

I'm hoping to progress to open water next year.

Suggestions ?

Well done on swimming 2km, no mean feat!

Two recommendations for you:

Firstly, Mark Dempsey at Focus Coaching Ireland.. Mark is the coach for Limerick Tri Club and does all the open water swim sessions with us during the summer. He shoots from the hip but will give you 100% dedication as a swim coach. I do all my open water swim sessions with him and he really will help you massively moving from the pool to open water. By the way, once you go to open water you will never be able to go back to the pool!!

Second is Aaron O'Brien at Next Level Coaching who I would really recommend for technique. He totally transformed my swimming technique which was terrible after years of thinking I was a great swimmer. He knocked 7 minutes of my swim times. He trains out of UL pool which I would really recommend as you will find the 50m pool very different to a hotel pool.

Feel free to PM me for more details

Advertisement