Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting while still on HTB?

• 01-10-2018 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, at the moment my wife and I considering good job offer abroad and was wondering what happens to the help to buy scheme if we rent our place? Right now we can't afford paying it back and we're thinking if our rent paid to another EU account abroad we should continue paying our mortgages from there.. Please advise..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Omar205 wrote: »
    Hi, at the moment my wife and I considering good job offer abroad and was wondering what happens to the help to buy scheme if we rent our place? Right now we can't afford paying it back and we're thinking if our rent paid to another EU account abroad we should continue paying our mortgages from there.. Please advise..

Has to be your PPR or you have to pay the HTB back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Omar205

Klonker wrote: »
    Has to be your PPR or you have to pay the HTB back.

is the PPR is the Principal Private Residence (PPR) Relief?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

It just means it has to be your Principal Private Residence. Nothing got to do with the CGT relief in this case.

Advertisement