Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest King Johns is it happening?

• 01-10-2018 6:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

I know it was cancelled in Cork and website has only TBA now for Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Not running. I asked the staff at King John's on Culture night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wonder why it was pulled I know in Cork the pub owners got it stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

bigpink wrote: »
    Wonder why it was pulled I know in Cork the pub owners got it stopped

That was a dubious enough excuse and the fact they've pulled the others would indicate something more at play.

Treepole wrote: »
    That was a dubious enough excuse and the fact they've pulled the others would indicate something more at play.

It was on their Facebook and covered in the media so doubt it’s an excuse been running a few years aswell in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The one in Limerick was utter ****e anyway.

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »
    The one in Limerick was utter ****e anyway.

While I agree needed improvement but it’s not good to see a growing event pulled hopefully it’s not local vintners like Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

i always thought it funny that we had Oktoberfest the end of October when actual Oktoberfest is on in September, when weather is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

damowill wrote: »
    i always thought it funny that we had Oktoberfest the end of October when actual Oktoberfest is on in September, when weather is much better.

Tis Ireland, we make it our own, drink is involved so all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I would imagine that deals were done with companies who were supplying food pop ups and deals done on the amount of alcohol to be sold across all the 3 events in 3 different cities and when Cork fell they knew it wasn't financially viable to continue.

I'm off to Munich Tuesday next week so will miss the madness. Actually Oktoberfest sounds like a nightmare of a place to be as I hate crowds. I've been to Herbstfest in the town of Erding(40km North of Munich) who hold their own festival a few weeks earlier than their competitors. They're not invited in because they're outside the city. That's smaller but really fun. Fairground, two big beer tents and all the trappings of a beer festival.

Most beer companies make a special brew for their festivals, Erdinger call it Festweiss, which is a little different. You can buy the Oktberfest brew here, and hold you own Oktoberfest at home :D, around now but it's not quite the same but nice nonetheless. I also like the Schneeweiss around Winter if you like Wheat Beer.

Moved it to Killarney instead in November they were still hoping the Limerick event would be allowed go ahead

• Advertisement
Advertisement