Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix doing an interactive episode of Black Mirror.

• 01-10-2018 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭

It is being reported that Netflix will be doing an interactive episode in the next season of Black Mirror.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It is being reported that Netflix will be doing an interactive episode in the next season of Black Mirror.

I presume it'll be a case where the episode has a first part, then you have two options for the next part of the episode, two options for the part after that etc, split at moments where a character is faced with two choices. Can't see how else you'd do it given that it has to work on all systems that Netflix is on (and whatever input devices they use).

Would have to wonder how the ending would take into account all your previous choices though. For example if there's 3 times you have to make a choice, and 2 options both times, there'd have to be 16 different possible endings by my math (which could be hugely wrong - ((2squared)squared)) I think?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It could be more complex than that. There is a Nintendo Switch game called Late Shift that has 30 or 40 A/B choices through its 90 minute run time, and it has 7 different endings.

Depends on how much work they want to put into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This being an episode of Black Mirror there might be some sort of twist to that.

I would hope there would be more options than just two if they really want to make this an experience then they would need at least a dozen options and endings and moments where to you can decide to split off inside the episode instead of one actual point in the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They could go the Illusion of Choice route like the Telltale Games games, and have it that it's pretty much all leading to the same general conclusion but just with slightly different dialogue depending on your choices. That way they could have numerous versions of the same ending. Feels like that'd be a bit of a pointless exercise though. It works okay in the game format, but would just be a nuisance for a TV show.

Then again it was Telltale who were working with Netflix on their proposed Minecraft and Stranger Things interactive show things so maybe that is the framework they're going with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I watched the Puss In Boots interactive episode on Netflix...it's okay, kind of tiresome. Possibly more exciting for an adult show, though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement