Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone hear of Easy Autos in Santry?

• 01-10-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with Easy Autos in Santry? They have a lot of Japanese imported Priuses but what I like about them is they have removed all the Japanese and replaced them with original Toyota screens in English, so none of the issues with the Japanese language on the screens or cluster. I see no mention of them here. I had a bad experience with another Dublin garage recently that took my deposit and ran, so I am more cautious about dealers now, even before I take the car itself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Does anyone have any experience with Easy Autos in Santry? They have a lot of Japanese imported Priuses but what I like about them is they have removed all the Japanese and replaced them with original Toyota screens in English, so none of the issues with the Japanese language on the screens or cluster. I see no mention of them here. I had a bad experience with another Dublin garage recently that took my deposit and ran, so I am more cautious about dealers now, even before I take the car itself.

I was gonna post this exact thing. They have a few cheap Prius / Insights that I might go have a look at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Ask for Des, they are a very decent dealer and will look after you if after you’ve driven away and a problem arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭loughrey2887

Mintoe wrote: »
    Ask for Des, they are a very decent dealer and will look after you if after you’ve driven away and a problem arises.

Thank Mintoe for the feedback. They seem to have great stock but I haven't seen any reviews so it's great to get your feedback on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭loughrey2887

I ended up buying a 2013 Prius from Easy Autos. They have more imported Prius stock than I've ever seen. Des really is a pleasure to deal with and they have the professionalism and cleanliness that you expect from an official Toyota dealership but don't expect from an independent dealer. They're going to fit it with a new custom fitted touchscreen system with bluetooth and Irish sat nav which looks like the original Irish systems. Another guy had bought a similar Prius and he was collecting it so I got to see the whole English system they install and it looks amazing. No other dealers are doing that with imports. They automatically took a thousand off the advertised price which was 10,950 and it was reduced to 9,950 without any negotiation. They'll have my 2007 Prius. I'll be collecting it Saturday after the VRT and registration are done. A great experience compared to another dealership which tried to scam the revenue by vrting the car I deposited as private rather than as the dealer, and another which took my deposit and wanted nothing more to do with me. Highly recommended and worth the trip to Dublin! Lots of shady dealers in Dublin, especially in the import business, but these guys are legit. Thanks to Mintoe for the recommendation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Thanks to everyone who recommended them here.
    Their reviews on Google maps were also very positive.

Got a 2013 Prius from them last week and very happy.
    Des is very easy to deal with, can't recommend enough.

Conversely, I had a €500 deposit on a Prius from another hybrid dealer in North Dublin and they sold it on me the next week and lied to my face about it.
    Maybe because I asked for the chassis number to get the original Japanese auction sheet translated into English from http://japancarhistorycheck.com/ for US$50

Won't name the hybrid dealership but I wouldn't be in a rush to go back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement