Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC 4320 questions

Options
  • 01-10-2018 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello!

I have a Siemens SPC 4320 which was installed by a friend of a friend several years ago - I always intended to get it set up so I could use SPC Connect, but never got around to it until now. I was wondering if someone could help me with some questions? Sorry if they are n00b.

1) Where can I get an upgrade of the firmware? Mine is currently on 3.2.5.
    2) How can I log in to upgrade the firmware, when I click File -> Firmware via the browser, I get "Manufacturer access required for Firmware operations" - I have enabled 'Manufacturer mode'?
    3) I've currently connected it to ethernet using a powerline and a cable strung across the room - not ideal - what is a good Wifi -> Ethernet dongle so I can connect it to WiFi?
    4) What do I enter as the 'panel registration id' on the SPC Connect site - or is it just that my firmware is too old?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will get the latest firmware versions here.
    https://www.spcsupportinfo.com

You may need some of the files in between to complete the upgrade from 3-2-5

You uncheck the manufacturer access box to allow access.
    A hard wired connection from the panel to the router is best. After that powerline adapters.

You will get the Panel ID (Encryption Code) after you upgrade & connect to SPC Connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GeekyMaestro

What about plugging a USB WiFi dongle into the USB-B connector, would that work? Has anyone tried it?

I might see if I can find one lying around to test it...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I tried some different WiFi adapters back in the SigNET days. They were never as stable.

Advertisement