Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 1k desktop

Options
  • 01-10-2018 11:08pm

In the market for a new computer but realised I'm so out of touch since I last built one 7/8 years ago. Last time out I didn't have to consider SSDs as they were out of my price range and now I see Intel Optane mentioned on some off the shelf ones?

I game on consoles and can't see myself gaming on PC at this point in my life so thats not a factor , it'll be for day to day general use and running things like visual studio, vmware with multiple 2 or 3 vm's running simultaneously so RAM is a consideration. Two monitors in use but won't be upgrading them so don't factor in the budget. My worry is that I'm so out of touch with components I don't know whats good or not at the minute. I'd likely lean to AMD vs Intel though.

This comes in under budget https://www.ankermann.com/en/PC-Systems/Gaming/powered-by-MSI/Powered-by-MSI-Gamer-onBoard-16GB-SSD250GB-2TB-Win10-Pro~~122718.html so wondering if I could do better and go closer to the 1k mark? Price likely reflective of on board graphics ?

Comments

Advertisement