If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43" TV - wide viewing angle (plus Epson TW9400)

Options
  • 01-10-2018 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to replace my TV and I'd appreciate some guidance. 

I'm limited by a width of 1105 as opposed to a screen of 43". Some 49" I've looked at fit the width. 

4K and Saorview and wifi needed

TV will be viewed from about 6ft plus at up to 45 degree viewing angle (large room set primarily for projector). 

This looks like it fits the bill Samsung UE43NU7400 but some negative reviews about wide viewing angle being poor. What do you think? 

Sony BRAVIA KD43XF7003BU and also Samsung UE49NU7100, Sony BRAVIA KD43XF7073SU seems a contender. 

I'm also interested in upgrading from an Epson TW9000 to TW9400 due in December. Do you have prices for this yet? AVForums are showing about £2500

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

GG66,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you..

No update on the Epson at the moment but we hope to have news over the next couple of months..

In terms of TV - if you have 1105mm you can fit in some 49" and of course the price premium between 40/43/49 is quite small now so it's worth going larger in most cases.

You can fit the Samsung UE49NU8000 which does have a wide viewing angle:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203202-401514.aspx

..But my preference would be for an LG - the 49SK8100 which is a huge spec of TV at a really great price - its just reduced to £699 / €829 today:
    €: https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203382-402579.aspx

£: https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203382-402579.aspx?swapstore=1

In terms of the viewing angle the SK8100 uses an IPS panel so it does have quite a wide viewing angle - it is also made to fit at 1102mm wide ;) 

apologies again for the delay getting back to you but do keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc& Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Thanks John,

Width wise, it's a tight squeeze. Price might be a bit of a stretch as I expect I'll need a soundbar and also putting aside for the TW9400 upgrade when it comes out. Main movie watching will be the projector. 

Are there any of those 43" that you could recommend for my use? 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

GG66 wrote: »
    Thanks John,

Width wise, it's a tight squeeze. Price might be a bit of a stretch as I expect I'll need a soundbar and also putting aside for the TW9400 upgrade when it comes out. Main movie watching will be the projector. 

Are there any of those 43" that you could recommend for my use? 
    Hi GG66,

The Sonys would be my preference for the 43". I would recommend the KD43XF7003 at £529. I find the Sony panels to be better than the Samsung panels for brightness and colour.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.