Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult mesosaurs were semiaquatic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

we knew this 30 years ago though we discussed this when I was studying paleo-biology at uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I honestly never heard much about them at all :B They are usually overshadowed by the big three (plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs, mosasaurs)

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I honestly never heard much about them at all :B They are usually overshadowed by the big three (plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs, mosasaurs)

yes I understand Adam, I did not mention it to belittle you and you immense knowledge,:o I mentioned it purely to show how much marine species are known about compared to land based species. One of the reasons I love marines stuff is the fact that we know almost as much about them as we do about modern species, comparatively.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Rubecula wrote: »
    yes I understand Adam, I did not mention it to belittle you and you immense knowledge,:o I mentioned it purely to show how much marine species are known about compared to land based species. One of the reasons I love marines stuff is the fact that we know almost as much about them as we do about modern species, comparatively.:)

Oh, some things I know, but not much. I do confess I have neglected marine species a bit. :o

you must remember my favourite is the Liopleurodon (jaws almighty in my mind)

• Advertisement
Advertisement