Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Truths & 1 Lie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Eh... yeah.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm currently watching Pointless on TV
    I'm currently working on a college assignment
    I'm currently drinking some red wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

quickbeam wrote: »
    Well, presumably if you've been lynched three times, then you've also been lynched two times. If you've been lynched four times, then you've also been lynched three times and two times. So four times must be the lie.

What

Jack Moore wrote: »
    What

Yeah I accidentally deleted a post :o

I'm currently watching Pointless on TV
    I'm currently working on a college assignment
    I'm currently drinking some red wine

Collage

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »

I suspect ye are in a room together

Is it time for Pointless? Or is that not earlier... Hmmm...

Don't I now look like a dope! :P

Ok so. I think it's 3 that's the lie. No wine tonight, you had some yesterday :P

Ok so. I think it's 3 that's the lie. No wine tonight, you had some yesterday :P

That would be .... true! Was tempted, but resisted having it two in a row.

• Advertisement

Ok I'll try again and not delete it accidentally or on purpose :P

I'm currently watching Sopranos on TV
    I'm currently trying to figure out the mechanics of how a super-hero can jump from a helicopter and then set an auto-pilot
    I'm currently watching.... nothing as my kids have taken over the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

#2 you know they can do it via remote control.

Blargh no one guessed it right. At the time it was actually 3 as the lie.

Someone else can go though.

#1 Having gone through a headphones shortage for the past 3 months, i have now found 3 pairs of headphones this week, without going looking for them

#2 Having drank at least 4 cups of coffee a day for the past 3.5 years, i have gone cold turkey for 2 weeks now.

#3 Having been under the assumption that i was the same height that i was the last time i properly measured, i discovered i have shrunk 3cm in height in the past 5 years.

Gonna say #2 is the lie. Cold Turkey my ass :P

3, surely.

Gonna say #2 is the lie. Cold Turkey my ass :P

Bingo. I could never give up my beloved elixir of energy.
    3, surely.

Yeah no joke. You should have seen me when i found out. Last did a gym assessment about 5 years ago - 186cm; we had a work health and safety day there and they did our BMIs - 183cm. WHICH is annoying as it puts me just under 6', as opposed to the 6'0.5 that i previously used to round up to 6'1 :D

I, as im sure everyone would have expected, am blaming my children.

Hopefully it doesn't continue :)

220px-IncredibleShrinkingMan-poster.jpg

Pter wrote: »
    Bingo. I could never give up my beloved elixir of energy.

Yeah no joke. You should have seen me when i found out. Last did a gym assessment about 5 years ago - 186cm; we had a work health and safety day there and they did our BMIs - 183cm. WHICH is annoying as it puts me just under 6', as opposed to the 6'0.5 that i previously used to round up to 6'1 :D

Welcome back to the 5 foot club buddy :pac::pac:

Ok.

1. I have contracts with 2 different TV service providers at home
    2. I once worked as a door to door salesman for one of these providers
    3. I have 4 TVs in my house

• Advertisement

#3 seems too plausible to be true. Plus you are always giving out your kids have taken over the tv. If there were 4, you (i assume) wouldn't.

Will guess 2.

#3 seems too plausible to be true. Plus you are always giving out your kids have taken over the tv. If there were 4, you (i assume) wouldn't.

Correct. Only the 3 TVs. One in the older fellas room which is just a DVD/TV combi for treats on non-school nights. Main room is hooked up to the PS4 though which inhibits my TV watching most of the time... wifey has one in the kitchen then for her own stuff. Eir and Sky in the main room, multi-room Eir box in the kitchen.
    Will guess 2.

I actually did three days in Oz with a sister Murdoch company. Soul destroying work and quit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

You may have shrunk Pter, and may in future not be longer for the 6 foot club but I think 183cm just about keeps up there for the moment. 182.88cm is the height to beat I believe. Unless they were rounding up that 183.

My rudimentary estimates say you've got another 73 days or so in the six foot club, if you shrink at the same rate that is. Still, 73 days more than some of us have ever spent there :).

You could also have been caught out by the measuring different heights at different times of the day thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote:
    Yeah no joke. You should have seen me when i found out. Last did a gym assessment about 5 years ago - 186cm; we had a work health and safety day there and they did our BMIs - 183cm. WHICH is annoying as it puts me just under 6', as opposed to the 6'0.5 that i previously used to round up to 6'1

Ha! Shorta$$!

Barney92 wrote: »
    You may have shrunk Pter, and may in future not be longer for the 6 foot club but I think 183cm just about keeps up there for the moment. 182.88cm is the height to beat I believe. Unless they were rounding up that 183.

My rudimentary estimates say you've got another 73 days or so in the six foot club, if you shrink at the same rate that is. Still, 73 days more than some of us have ever spent there :).

You could also have been caught out by the measuring different heights at different times of the day thing.

Thanks Barney. Maths is a great comfort to me at this time.
    Ha! Shorta$$!

Screw you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Thanks Barney. Maths is a great comfort to me at this time.

Wouldn't be too thankful. My rough calculations have you falling below 6 foot in and around Christmas day :)

Barney92 wrote:
    Wouldn't be too thankful. My rough calculations have you falling below 6 foot in and around Christmas day

It's an extra few months. I'll take it.

Measure your height first thing in the morning pete should give you a little bit extra

• Advertisement

Measure your height first thing in the morning pete should give you a little bit extra

Hehe.... Giggidy

Advertisement