Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging an australian dollar cheque to BOI current account?

Options
  • 02-10-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, can I lodge an Australian dollar cheque to Bank of Ireland current account and how long would it take for the cheque to clear? The cheque would be for around $6,000 AUD. Also what charges would apply? Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi, can I lodge an Australian dollar cheque to Bank of Ireland current account and how long would it take for the cheque to clear? The cheque would be for around $6,000 AUD. Also what charges would apply? Thank you.

Hi there,

Thanks for the message.
    You can indeed lodge an Australian cheque to your Bank of Ireland account. You can do this with a cashier in any branch and it can take up to six weeks to clear in your account.
    I've given a link here that shows any of the charges related to lodging a foreign currency cheque.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement